Hello from Florida!

For our new members to introduce themselves
MomtoDavid
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hi, my name is Elaine. A little less than a month ago we rescued a beautiful 3 month old female Dutch Shepherd. We have 2 other dogs as well. One is a senior chihuahua, and the other is a 7 year old Johnson's Bull dog. My son found her through an ad on Craigslist. She had been rescued by a wildlife rescue center when she was around 8 weeks old. When we saw her picture we had to have her. To be honest we didn't know what breed she was until we did some digging on the interwebs. She is amazing, and brightens my day everyday. I can't wait to learn more about her.

Hello from Florida!

Post by MomtoDavid »

Hello, my name is Elaine, and we have just rescued our first Dutch Shepherd. She is an almost 4 month old female. Her name is Delilah. :DSlove: We have two other dogs as well. Daisy our 13 year old half Chihuahua, half Jack Russel, and Hooch, (we didn't name him) our 6 year old Johnson's Bulldog. We had another dog, a Jack Russel, that passed away in November named Lily. She was 12. She had a lot of health issues. I wasn't really ready for another dog, but my son found her on Craigslist, and once I saw her she hooked me. I have never had one before, and I am so looking forward to learning more about her, and her breed. I am also looking forward to seeing everyone else's DS's.
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Re: Hello from Florida!

Post by TimL_168 »

Howdy! Welcome to the forum. Thank you for taking her on. I hope you can get a few free minutes to do some poking around on here and see what you're probably in for!
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Welcome. Thank you for rescuing.

We'd love to see some pictures. Click here for instructions.

It's time for some planning - actually, planning would have been better pre-rescue - but your dog will need both physical and mental activities. That is, walks, runs, and fetch probably won't be enough.

Scenting, games, training, tracking, agility will all be necessary for happy home.

Let us know what you've got planned.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

welcome ! glad you snatched her up ! I would find a trainer that knows that breed Asap as you may have a handful soon. She will need A LOT of exercise
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
MomtoDavid
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hi, my name is Elaine. A little less than a month ago we rescued a beautiful 3 month old female Dutch Shepherd. We have 2 other dogs as well. One is a senior chihuahua, and the other is a 7 year old Johnson's Bull dog. My son found her through an ad on Craigslist. She had been rescued by a wildlife rescue center when she was around 8 weeks old. When we saw her picture we had to have her. To be honest we didn't know what breed she was until we did some digging on the interwebs. She is amazing, and brightens my day everyday. I can't wait to learn more about her.

Post by MomtoDavid »

Thanks so much for the warm Hello's. :) I have done some research online, but she more than anything is letting me know she is a force to be reckoned with so to speak. She is super smart, and the same exact time being super stubborn. :/ I love her to pieces already though, so I learning. I have tried to find trainers in my area, but haven't been to lucky. Does anyone have any idea how to search for them? Maybe I am just doing it wrong. I am going to see if I can upload some pictures of her. I tried last night, but it said file to big. :( I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, or if I can shrink the file. Any help there would be awesome to. :)
Looking forward to the adventure.
MomtoDavid
Just Whelped

Post by MomtoDavid »

centrop67 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:06 pm Welcome. Thank you for rescuing.

We'd love to see some pictures. Click here for instructions.

It's time for some planning - actually, planning would have been better pre-rescue - but your dog will need both physical and mental activities. That is, walks, runs, and fetch probably won't be enough.

Scenting, games, training, tracking, agility will all be necessary for happy home.

Let us know what you've got planned.
Thank you so much. I don't know why I didn't see this before I asked. :huh: , but it worked I think. Thanks again. :D
Patrick
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I live in central Florida and appreciate and enjoy working dogs!

Post by Patrick »

Hi Elaine. What part of Florida are you in? I'm just west of Orlando.

Patrick
MomtoDavid
Just Whelped

Post by MomtoDavid »

I am just east. Haha! I think there are a couple of people here in Florida. :)