Hi! New member from Southern IL with a party of 4

For our new members to introduce themselves
SpeakSTL
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I volunteer with a rescue for special needs dogs, mostly blind and deaf, call Speak St. Louis. I work for a boarding and open daycare facility in Southern Illinois. I have 2 deaf Australian shepherds and am currently fostering a one year old Dutch shepherd.

Hi! New member from Southern IL with a party of 4

Post by SpeakSTL »

Hello All,

I currently volunteer with the rescue Speak STL and we usually help dogs with special needs. However, I personally work at a boarding and open day care facility. Unfortunately, an owner boarded a Dutch Shepherd and then decided she no longer wanted him because he wasn't the family dog she expected when they got him from the breeder so I brought him into our rescue...

So, I joined in hopes of finding someone interested and understanding of the Dutch Shepherd breed to give this amazing dog a new home!
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Hi! New member from Southern IL with a party of 4

Post by centrop67 »

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for working in rescue!

Please post some pics in the rescue thread and more info on the dog including who to contact.

I'll also share on our Facebook page for a little more exposure.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Hi and welcome !!! Wow, poor pup. glad he is with you though. Call North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
SpeakSTL
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I volunteer with a rescue for special needs dogs, mostly blind and deaf, call Speak St. Louis. I work for a boarding and open daycare facility in Southern Illinois. I have 2 deaf Australian shepherds and am currently fostering a one year old Dutch shepherd.

Post by SpeakSTL »

Thank you! I’ll reach out to them in regards to the dog. We don’t mind fostering him as we live on 12 acres of timber so there’s plenty of space! We just finalized his medical records (heartworm neg!) so I’ll put a forum out with his info!
SpeakSTL
Just Whelped

Post by SpeakSTL »

in the meantime, here’s his adoption link!

https://www.petfinder.com/dog/doss-4103 ... uis-il871/
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

I wish I could have more dogs. I would be the crazy dog lady. Now that I have Rogue, I would like at least one more DS and would get another one in a year or so if I could get my husband to say yes.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
SpeakSTL
Just Whelped

Post by SpeakSTL »

I just wanted to give a big THANK YOU to all of you for spreading the word about Doss. He found his forever home this past weekend! It was a couple who no longer have children in the house and they love taking their dogs to obedience training to further their knowledge. Doss now has a new home on 40+acres of property with 2 horses to manage and 2 other dogs to call his new siblings. THANK YOU
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Good news indeed :wtg:

Thanks for keeping us up to date.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers