March 2017: Question of the Month

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.

What do you feed your Dutch Shepherd? (Select All That Apply)

I feed raw
14%
I feed dry kibble
71%
I feed canned food
14%
I use a food delivery service
No votes

Total votes: 7

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

March 2017: Question of the Month

Post by centrop67 »

This will be a new monthly feature. I will post a question and probably a poll. Some months the question will be serious. Some months the question will be just for fun.

IM me if you've got an idea for a question.

Let's start with an easy one:

What do you feed your Dutch Shepherd?

If you want to, enter the brand in the comments.
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Re: March 2017: Question of the Month

Post by TimL_168 »

I feed blue buffalo large breed chicken formula. En used to get whatever quality kibble happened to be on sale, and she never had any problems.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
ICE
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have a 12 week old dutch shepherd that my trainer got for me to train in schutzhund. This is my 1st dutch shepherd, I have always had german shepherds. Currently, I have 4 dogs.

Post by ICE »

I feed raw that I make myself. I have a meat supplier that I am very happy with and purchase 500 pounds at a time. The meat has the required percentages of offal and bone already done. I make a fruit and vegetable mix to mix in with the meat.
Patty and Ice
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Radar and Leela get Earthborn Holistic Grain Fee Meadow Feast.

It's a lamb based food that we switched to when we found out Radar was allergic to some of the things in Blue Buffalo.

We used to do the BB switching the protein source between purchases, and the latest recalled version was one in the rotation.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Mark77
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Own a Mal and a Dutchie.

Post by Mark77 »

I feed dry kibble mixed with cooked meat/veggies. I crockpot a pork loin from Sam's Club with potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, and rice about once a month- put a large scoop of that on top of kibble with warm water. All the kibble is Nutro lamb and rice or Taste of the Wild grain free- any one of the lamb, deer, boar, or cattle blends.