working dog US stamps

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

working dog US stamps

Post by Dutchringgirl »

" On 1/29/2019, the United States Postal Service announced a four-stamp set planned for release later in 2019 entitled “Military Working Dogs”. Each block of stamps features a stylized depiction of the 4 most commonly used breeds by the military (German Shepherd, Labrador Retriever, Belgian Malinois and Dutch Shepherd) with backgrounds of red, white, blue and gold to represent the American flag and patriotism. The art for the USPS set was created by DKNG Studios in Los Angeles and art director Greg Breeding designed the stamps.

I am very proud and honored that my photograph of our Cher Car Kennels bred Dutch Shepherd “Nada” (ROM-X UAGI CH Cher Car’s Don’t Be Fooled BTr CSAU CGC) was selected as the model for the Dutch Shepherd stamp in a process that began back in May 2017."

Posted on FB by Carole Field
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Re: working dog US stamps

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

Eh they kinda suck I was hoping for real looking dogs not cartoons but still cool... hope it doesnt boost people wanting them as pets
Attachments
working-dogs-stamps.png
working-dogs-stamps.png (290.66 KiB) Viewed 2113 times
montecarlogirl87
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: dogs, cats, fish, birds, horses, llamas... I've worked with them all :)

Post by montecarlogirl87 »

I just looked on the USPS site and didn't see them... do you know when they'll be available?
Tareena and Shylah and Shota - Orlando, FL
Duke
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Healthy, happy, energetic, and super social.

Post by Duke »

I love the cartoon look actually, and I do agree with Steve, this kind of national publicity can be dangerous for the breed should people start wanting them as pets.

The fear of ruining the breed scares me :/ the popularity has grown so much in the last decade I'm sure. Personally I heard about the breed through rescues.
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

montecarlogirl87 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:48 pm I just looked on the USPS site and didn't see them... do you know when they'll be available?
From Linn's Stamp News:
"No issue dates or locations were announced for the Military Working Dogs or Ellsworth Kelly sets."
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

It was the military that initiated this to commemorate military dogs. I also hope it does not spur the public to look into having these dogs.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

I can’t wait to buy them all up!!!! Lol. I love getting and sending mail, so I must have these.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG