Finding a breeder

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
DocThor
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: My name is Thor, currently finishing up college and in search for a working dog to have with me next spring (2020) as I begin to work on the family farm/dairy

Finding a breeder

Post by DocThor »

Hello, new to the site. I’ve been looking all over this site for the past few days trying to get information on breeders. I’ve researched dozen of different breeders from all over the country but everyone I find always has some negative when I see them on this site such as Aachen, Vom Warnsey, and a few others.
Who do you recommend? I currently reside in Texas but will be moving to California next spring and I intend on purchasing the dog next spring. I will be working in California on my family’s farm/dairy/orchards so their will be plenty of room for the dog and everything is established. Traveling to get the dog is not a big deal. I’m just trying to learn as much as possible.

Thank you In advance!
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Finding a breeder

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Steve hopefully will be stepping in shortly, he is an excellent trainer who frequents this board, he should have some ideas for you.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

Aachen no thanks that's all I'll say... vom warsney produces some great dogs and are good people.... les Flores great guy good dogs! It really all depends on what kinda dog you want...
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Post by borellar15 »

I know a breeder in texas but I they may not sell to you depending on what you need the dog for or if you’ve owned working dogs before. They’re not for the new to the breed people. They’re some awesome working dogs though if you’re looking for a dog for bite work. Send a PM if interested.
Image Image
Alex - Zoey(DS), Henry (DS), Tripper Lab mix. Austin, Texas