Happy Birthday Xander

Announce significant dates here - birthdays, anniversary's, etc
karenz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.

Happy Birthday Xander

Post by karenz »

Xander turns 1 year old tomorrow. Time sure does fly by. His first year has been great. Happy Birthday to Xander!!!
Attachments
img20140602_183524.jpg
img20140602_183524.jpg (92.2 KiB) Viewed 7326 times
img20140602_183417.jpg
img20140602_183417.jpg (96.1 KiB) Viewed 7326 times
img20140602_183121.png
img20140602_183121.png (508.82 KiB) Viewed 7326 times
img20140613_154650.png
img20140613_154650.png (304.78 KiB) Viewed 7326 times
Karen & Xander
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Happy Birthday Xander

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Happy birthday !!!!!!!!!!! Woof
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Owned-By-Hendrix
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.

Post by Owned-By-Hendrix »

Happy bark day!!!!!!!!!! Such a handsome dude. How did you not die of cuteness overload when he was a pup????? (heart melts)
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Happy Birthday!
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
karenz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.

Post by karenz »

So Xander had a great birthday but I'm a little disappointed. I posted a topic because I didn't think I would be able to keep him out of the pool. So for his birthday has been great. I wanted to take him swimming. He loves water, the bathtub, the shower, the sprinkler, the hose..... but doesn't want to get in the pool. I drug him in twice with me but I'm afraid of forcing him. I don't want to scare him. Can anyone give me any ideas. I even threw his favorite balls in there. Help please. I was looking forward to a fun filled summer.
Karen & Xander
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Post by Raven »

Are you talking about a kiddie pool????

If that's the case, my boy, who isn't a'sceared a'nuttin', held GREAT DISDAIN for, of all things, water in a kiddie pool. Baths, showers, hoses, any other water, no problem. Would get in the pool empty or filled with empty soda bottles, cans and other misc. stuff (for searches). Would retrieve a ball from the water. Just did not want to get in the pool with--(whisper with me)--the water.

In the course of an afternoon (with breaks in-between), although still not his idea of fun, he got in. Me getting in/out, sitting in it tossing balls, party when he put the first foot in w/o a ball involved, etc. I didn't push it past getting all four feet in, though. Thought it was important for him to do that, but if it wasn't going to offer him enjoyment (or a chance to keep cool in the heat), oh well.

Sorry if you're not talking about a kiddie pool :oops:

You're right not to force it. I'm sure with time he will after working with him, but he may just not be a pool kind of guy-------then again-------be careful what you wish for. :whistle:

EDIT: Just had a thought. Perhaps it's the water temp or the feel of the water in that situation? My guy got all fours in but when he went to sit, whoops. He sat but like WTH? My last DS, too: not crazy about the water in the pool, but she did it...but when she went to sit, whoops.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
karenz
Training Dog

Post by karenz »

It's not a kiddie pool. It a 20x40 inground. He loves the kiddie pool. I got him in twice spraying the water hose. He wants to get in but seems scared. I'm not going to force him. I just expected him to dive in as much as he loves water. I'm water logged from trying to convince him. Lol. He ain't scared of anything. Just the scarey pool. I'm going to try again in the morning.
Karen & Xander
johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Post by johninny »

Happy Birthday Xander.
can't believe that last puppy pic of him. looks so cute it should be an ad for something.

Tracer chases the hose madly - will get soaked and think nothing of it; like your Xander cannot be kept out of the shower when i am showering, will run into the bay even during the freeze of this last winter, but he will not go in the kiddie pool to cool off no matter what i do.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
karenz
Training Dog

Post by karenz »

I have to say Xander was an adorable puppy. He is still adorable. His color changed some. He is very photogenic. I guess he may just not be a swimmer but that's ok. At least if I can get him in a few times so he knows what to do in case he falls in that will be good enough.
Karen & Xander