To DS, or not to DS?
What's the buzz on DNA Tests?
A Malaherd?
Submissiveness
This should be read by everyone
How To Select/Research a Breeder
Other brindle breeds

New option for posting images: Image

Click Here for the forum Image Facebook page.

Just registered? Read This.

Dutch Shepherds in the News (July 2018)

Did you see a Dutch Shepherd somewhere? Out in public? On Television? In a movie?
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Accidental DS rescuer. Human companion to Radar and Leela. Owner of the site, looking to make this the top site for information and discussion on Dutch Shepherds.

Dutch Shepherds in the News (July 2018)

Post by centrop67 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:03 pm

Dutch becomes first full-time K-9 for the West Valley Division Story Link
cupertinotoday.com wrote:Dutch, a 2-year-old Dutch Shepherd, is one of the newest members of the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office, and will be working the Cupertino beat
Michael
The pack -> Radar (DS), Leela (Mal?), and Karen (Human) - Cutler Bay, FL USA
RIP: Tequila and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Accidental DS rescuer. Human companion to Radar and Leela. Owner of the site, looking to make this the top site for information and discussion on Dutch Shepherds.

Re: Dutch Shepherds in the News (July 2018)

Post by centrop67 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:19 pm

K9 Tommy gets a ballistic vest through Vested Interest in K-9s Story Link
wtkr.com wrote:The 2-year-old Dutch Shepherd is a full patrol K-9 and is trained in narcotics detection, tracking and criminal apprehension.

Vested Interest in K-9s, Inc. is a 501c (3) charity located in East Taunton, MA whose mission is to provide bullet and stab protective vests and other assistance to dogs of law enforcement and related agencies throughout the United States.
Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:33 pm

Roseville police holding a "get to know your police" event featuring a DS Link
www.lillienews.com wrote:...on Tuesday, July 31 from 5:30 to 8 p.m. at the Roseville Skating Center, 2661 Civic Center Drive.

(Officer Kyle) Eckert will talk about his experience at the K9 Training Academy and demonstrate a few of Ragnar’s skills. Ragnar, a 2-year old Dutch shepherd, is Roseville’s newest addition to the K9 team.
Michael

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:02 pm

Adams County K9s take a bite out of crime Story Link
www.wiscnews.com wrote:On July 3, (Deputy Kyle) Simmons and Lya (a 3-year-old, 55-pound, brindle Dutch Shepherd) were called-on for assistance with a traffic violation by the City of Adams Police Department. When Lya arrived on the scene, she took a sniff around the outside of the vehicle and alerted Simmons that she smelled illegal drugs inside.
Michael

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:18 pm

A bizarre story from Canada Story Link

Following a complaint, RCMP found a woman at a motel with dogs.
www.innisfailprovince.ca wrote:According to BC SPCA, the dogs were being kept in crates too small for their size in a poorly ventilated area, with little to no access to water.
Allegedly, she has a court order not to be in possession of animals.

She also matches a description of a woman suspected of stealing dogs while posing as an officer.

They're still trying to find the owners of the dogs, but at least one is a Dutch Shepherd.

Klassic Kennels was assisting in finding the owners.
Michael