Dutch Shepherds in the News (July 2017)

Did you see a Dutch Shepherd somewhere? Out in public? On Television? In a movie?
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Dutch Shepherds in the News (July 2017)

Post by centrop67 »

Fresno police dog shot while fighting off suspects' dogs
Story Link
http://hanfordsentinel.com wrote:The Fresno Bee reports the 6-year-old Dutch shepherd named Mikey was assisting a SWAT team on Tuesday when two pit bulls charged him. Sheriff's spokesman Tony Botti says an officer shot one of the pit bulls while Mikey fought them off, resulting in Mikey accidentally being shot in the foot.
REWARD increased for K-9 killer in Yancey Co., memorial service planned
Story Link
wspa.com wrote:Chris was an eight year old Dutch Shepherd that was shot this morning at the deputy’s home in the Bald Mtn. community of Yancey County. Chris later passed away due to his injuries at the Reach Animal Hospital in Asheville. This incident occurred between the hours of 8:30 pm and 5:20 am on 7/12/2017. Chris was a beloved member of the Yancey County Sheriff’s Office for the past 7 years.”

If you have any information on who did this, call the Yancey Co. Sheriff’s Office.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Duke
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Healthy, happy, energetic, and super social.

Re: Dutch Shepherds in the News (July 2017)

Post by Duke »

unbelievable. The first one is unfortunate, friendly fire... I know it's tough in that situation, and I've seen some police cam videos of officers aiming in the direction of other officers as they shoot at a moving target.

and the second one, really? who in the hell does that
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

I know the first couple of posts were kind of a downer, so let's balance it out with a DS puppy touring the streets of Zwolle, The Netherlands...

Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

So much cute!
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

Love the video!!! Lucky pup. Looks like a fun place to take a walk. Thank you Michael!
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

18 dogs seized from breeding facility in Alamance County
Story Link
myFox8.com wrote:Several call and posts on social media sparked an investigation into possible animal neglect or abuse at a German and Dutch Shepherd breeding facility in Alamance County.

Sheriff's officials showed up at Brewers Kennel on Union Ridge Road multiple times over two weeks and they didn't find anything wrong.

But on Saturday, deputies and animal control officers responded to another complaint. According to a press release, this was the only time investigators found evidence of "possible animal neglect."

Sheriff's officials found four dead dogs and they say all the dogs appeared to have died within in a short time of each other.

Sheriff's officials say they also have no idea what happened. The dogs didn't show signs of abuse, neglect, trauma or emaciation.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Steak dinner for K-9s who nabbed Roxbury burglars
Story Link
http://www.dailyrecord.com wrote:ROXBURY - Two Morris County Sheriff’s Office dogs were rewarded for a job well done, helping to catch four burglars last week in the township, with a steak dinner at police headquarters.

Sheriff’s Sgt. Aaron Tomasini and Sigmund, a Belgian Malinois, and Sheriff’s Detective Michael Carbone and Loco...saved authorities significant time by quickly locating the suspects, who were hiding in tall grass and a truck on private property.
Maxwell to hold memorial for military working dog that served in Iraq
Story Link
www.montgomeryadvertiser.com wrote:Military working dog Sam will trade his spot in the 42nd Security Forces Squadron kennel for the home life after serving three years at Maxwell Air Force Base. Staff Sgt. Brandon Bixby, Sam’s handler, has adopted the 8-year-old Dutch shepherd. Sam’s retirement ceremony, set for Aug. 11, will include a memorial for a working dog that didn’t make it to retirement age.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Local business owner donates money for East Spencer K-9 vest
Story Link
http://www.salisburypost.com wrote:Seagraves began over a year ago with the hope of establishing the first-ever K9 program. Seagraves started from scratch with research and fundraising efforts via community and business donations. Havoc, a mostly black Dutch shepherd, and Seagraves have been training together for sometime now.
New State Police K9 named for Trooper killed on Thruway
Story Link
cnycentral.com wrote:Also certified, 'Lock'. The Dutch Shepherd is a tracking machine, according to his handler, Trooper Jamie Gockel. They will work out of Troop C in Sidney. Lock is named for Sgt. John Lockhart, a 17 year State Police veteran who died in 1937 after slipping on ice while investigating a drug store burglary.
Youngsville Woman Seeking Justice After Her Dog Was Shot In The Face
Story Link
kadn.com wrote:A Youngsville woman is seeking justice after her dutch shepherd was shot in the face earlier this week.
Community policing: Locals, officers gather for National Night Out Against Crime
Story Link
www.downtownexpress.com wrote:Officer Darwin, a 3-year old Dutch Shepherd with Transit Department 2 posed for photos and pets with his partner, Officer Frank Verrico. They were a big hit with the kids.
Tulare County's newest K-9 officer is on the job
Story Link
abc30.com wrote:Tex is a 15-month-old Dutch Shepherd that is cross trained in protection and narcotics detection. Along with Deputy Tony Rodriguez and his K-9, Jack, Deputy Stark demonstrated how they train their dogs for protection.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Uncle?

Alex Woytkiw From 'Bachelor in Paradise' Is the Total Package
Story Link
http://www.lifeandstylemag.com wrote:On BiP, Alex couldn't stop talking about his dream of owning a Dutch shepherd. However, he is currently the proud uncle of a beautiful silver lab named Havoc.
Dog day afternoon: Manchester K9s in training
Story Link
manchesterinklink.com wrote:During another training round, Officer Ben Foster is playing the role of bad guy, while Officer Rick Valente Jr. and his rookie K9, Axel, a brindled Dutch Shepherd, get to hunt him down.
Michael