Dutch Shepherds in the News (October 2017)

Did you see a Dutch Shepherd somewhere? Out in public? On Television? In a movie?
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Dutch Shepherds in the News (October 2017)

Post by centrop67 »

Dutch Shepherd at the center of Cop Killer's Trial
Story Link
http://www.cdapress.com wrote:PROSECUTORS DETAIL SUSPECT SEARCH
He and his dog, Bari, scanned the Walmart lot where the suspect had been two hours earlier before the Dutch shepherd pulled hard at the 30-foot lead as it neared a series of tractor trailers parked in the field.

The dog discovered Renfro jammed in the undercarriage of one of the trailers, the 40-caliber Glock he had stolen from Moore’s body was hidden in the framework along with two large-capacity magazines.

A hollow-point bullet was in the chamber of the Glock and the magazines were loaded.

Shaw located him by his screams.

“Ouch, ouch ow,” Renfro yelled.

As Renfro was being bitten by Bari, Shaw shouted into the dark undercarriage at Renfro to show his hands. Shaw saw one of Renfro’s hands fall empty from the undercarriage, but did not call off the dog.

“Because the other hand could have a gun in it,” Shaw told the court.
New dog in town: K-9 Officer Jet joins Delta County Sheriff's Office
Story Link --- Another Article About Jet
www.uppermichiganssource.com wrote:It has been several years since K-9 Officer Benny retired from the Delta County Sheriff’s Office, but with the reinstatement of the K-9 program, there is a new dog in town and his name is Jet.

Jet is a 15-month-old Dutch Shepherd from the Netherlands. He is currently in Marquette undergoing further training, before heading to a training facility near downstate Alpena with his handler, Deputy Jamie McDonough.
Viper Retires From Law Enforcement
Story Link
www.thejournal-news.net wrote:During his career, he was responsible for several meth arrests, had numerous successful tracks and was often paged out to other law enforcement agencies, including the South Central Illinois Drug Task Force.
In retirement, Viper will become a pet for the Roach family, and will not be replaced at the sheriff's office.
"With our budget at this point, we have to wait for better times," Sheriff Vazzi said.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dutch Shepherds in the News (October 2017)

Post by centrop67 »

Pekin K9 Officer to Compete for Grant Money
Story Link
Ahen is an 8 year-old Dutch Shepherd and works as a full-service K9 officer on the Pekin Police Department. Ahen joined the force in 2012.

The Pekin Police Department and its K9 Officer are participating in the Aftermath contest again this year. Last year Ahen and the Pekin Police Department lost the grant competition by only few votes.

The Aftermath K9 grant is won by the dog and department that receives the most votes. First prize is $5000. Voting started Wednesday.
Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Community-funded K-9 leaving Mansfield for another department
Story Link
Lehigh Valley Live wrote:The Mansfield Township police are losing their K-9 unit, almost a year and a half after the team completed community-funded training and joined the force.

Officer Greg Zytko took a new job in Flemington, and Jax, a Dutch shepherd/Belgian Malinois mix, will follow, Mansfield police Chief Michael Reilly confirmed Thursday.
K-9 Challenge Looks At Work Of Police Dogs
Story Link
Newton Bee wrote:Connecticut military and police K-9s tackled the obstacle course, apprehended “suspects,” demonstrated their obedience skills, and competed for fastest dog bragging rights at the Third Annual Western Connecticut Police K-9 Challenge

Best Handler Awards

First: Officer Willie Guildford from the Stamford Police Department with K-9 Axe, a 14-month-old male Belgian Malinois/Dutch Shepherd mix, dual-purposed trained.

Stephen A. Ketchum People’s Choice Award

Based on votes from the public to honor the memory of Newtown Police Officer Stephen A. Ketchum and his dedication to the community and the police department, K-9 Axe, a 14-month-old male Belgian Malinois/Dutch shepherd mix, dual-purposed trained from the Stamford Police Department, was the 2017 People’s Choice Winner: Members of the Ketchum family presented the award.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Sheriff’s Office K-9 missing after storm - Texas
Story Link
Wise County Messenger wrote:Akin said Rayco’s handler, JT Manoushagian, went outside early Sunday morning to find Rayco missing. He was last seen just north and west of the Weatherford College Wise County campus off of FM 1655.

Rayco is a 4-year-old Dutch Shepherd. If you see him, call dispatch at 940-627-5971.
Michael
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/i ... -1.4368366

Updated by Centrop67:
Insect-sniffing dog helps Leamington, Ont., greenhouse stay pest free
"Chili is the newest member of our scouting team ... she's a registered working dog trained to find pepper weevil," said Cam Lyons, an integrated pest management scout at NatureFresh. "As far as we know, she's the only one in the world looking for this pest in a greenhouse."
Chili is labeled as a "Belgian Shepherd", but looks like some DS in there. Watch her in action here.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

I hope they find Rayco soon.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Joxgirl wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:35 am I hope they find Rayco soon.
www.wcmessenger.com wrote:Friday, October 27, 2017 - RAYCO SEARCH CONTINUES – The search for the missing Wise County Sheriff’s Office K-9 Rayco continues after the 4-year-old Dutch Shepherd went missing during a storm last weekend. The group Mutts and Mayhem Emergency Search and Rescue from McKinney will be searching the area where Rayco was last seen today and tomorrow. For information on their search, visit facebook.com/muttsandmayhem. Link
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Orange County sheriff’s K-9 Rhino, once a star on the force, passes away
Story Link
www.ocregister.com wrote:For six years, Rhino served Orange County alongside his partner, Deputy Jason Ivins, who has since become a sergeant. Rhino was trained in suspect apprehension and narcotics.

During his career he found more than $450,000 associated with suspected drug sales, 680 pounds of marijuana, and 78 pounds of methamphetamine. He forced the surrender of more than 80 offenders and apprehended five who had refused to give up.
Michael