Dutch Shepherds in the News (July 2018)

Did you see a Dutch Shepherd somewhere? Out in public? On Television? In a movie?
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Dutch Shepherds in the News (July 2018)

Post by centrop67 »

Dutch becomes first full-time K-9 for the West Valley Division Story Link
cupertinotoday.com wrote:Dutch, a 2-year-old Dutch Shepherd, is one of the newest members of the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office, and will be working the Cupertino beat
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dutch Shepherds in the News (July 2018)

Post by centrop67 »

K9 Tommy gets a ballistic vest through Vested Interest in K-9s Story Link
wtkr.com wrote:The 2-year-old Dutch Shepherd is a full patrol K-9 and is trained in narcotics detection, tracking and criminal apprehension.

Vested Interest in K-9s, Inc. is a 501c (3) charity located in East Taunton, MA whose mission is to provide bullet and stab protective vests and other assistance to dogs of law enforcement and related agencies throughout the United States.
Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Roseville police holding a "get to know your police" event featuring a DS Link
www.lillienews.com wrote:...on Tuesday, July 31 from 5:30 to 8 p.m. at the Roseville Skating Center, 2661 Civic Center Drive.

(Officer Kyle) Eckert will talk about his experience at the K9 Training Academy and demonstrate a few of Ragnar’s skills. Ragnar, a 2-year old Dutch shepherd, is Roseville’s newest addition to the K9 team.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Adams County K9s take a bite out of crime Story Link
www.wiscnews.com wrote:On July 3, (Deputy Kyle) Simmons and Lya (a 3-year-old, 55-pound, brindle Dutch Shepherd) were called-on for assistance with a traffic violation by the City of Adams Police Department. When Lya arrived on the scene, she took a sniff around the outside of the vehicle and alerted Simmons that she smelled illegal drugs inside.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

A bizarre story from Canada Story Link

Following a complaint, RCMP found a woman at a motel with dogs.
www.innisfailprovince.ca wrote:According to BC SPCA, the dogs were being kept in crates too small for their size in a poorly ventilated area, with little to no access to water.
Allegedly, she has a court order not to be in possession of animals.

She also matches a description of a woman suspected of stealing dogs while posing as an officer.

They're still trying to find the owners of the dogs, but at least one is a Dutch Shepherd.

Klassic Kennels was assisting in finding the owners.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Keyser Police Department adds K-9 officer ‘Taddle’ Story Link
www.progress-index.com wrote:(KPD Officer Doug) Rumor, who has never worked with a dog before, said Taddle arrived Tuesday and will work and live with him. A Dutch Shepherd, Taddle has already been trained to detect drugs, conduct searches, and attack on command.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

I got a kick out of this story, only because I think the reporter FAILED miserably to understand or check the facts. :lol:

BPD to receive new K-9 unit Story Link
Cheyenne Alexis Staff Writer wrote:“We like the Dutch shepherd and the Belgium mountain dogs, high energy, their trainability,” he (Officer Jim Bartley) said.
Does anyone else think he said Belgian Malinois?
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Two new K9s on the job for NSP Story Link
www.1011now.com wrote:Amos, a 15-month-old Dutch Shepherd, is partnered with Trooper Brent Potthoff and is stationed in Sidney. Both Amos and Koda are dual purpose K9s, trained for patrol and detecting controlled substances.
Michael
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

centrop67 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:45 pm I got a kick out of this story, only because I think the reporter FAILED miserably to understand or check the facts. :lol:

BPD to receive new K-9 unit Story Link
Cheyenne Alexis Staff Writer wrote:“We like the Dutch shepherd and the Belgium mountain dogs, high energy, their trainability,” he (Officer Jim Bartley) said.
Does anyone else think he said Belgian Malinois?
WTF... Hell, spell check said it was ok, so print it.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

TimL_168 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:47 pm spell check said it was ok, so print it
I sent an email to the paper to inform them of their mistake. I wonder if they'll correct it.
Michael
oddbird
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I recently adopted a rescue that we have been told is a shepherd of some sort. He has totally disrupted our lives and I am loving every minute of it!

Post by oddbird »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I’ve gotta get one of those Belgian Mountain Dogs! They sound neat :lol:
Bird & Henry (Long-hair DS): Figuring out this working dog life together
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

oddbird wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:28 pm I’ve gotta get one of those Belgian Mountain Dogs!
They spelled it Belgium

:roll:
Michael
oddbird
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I recently adopted a rescue that we have been told is a shepherd of some sort. He has totally disrupted our lives and I am loving every minute of it!

Post by oddbird »

centrop67 wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:17 am
oddbird wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:28 pm I’ve gotta get one of those Belgian Mountain Dogs!
They spelled it Belgium

:roll:
Oh dear. That’s even worse! My brain even autocorrected it for them lmao
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

To be fair, over half of the articles I read online lately have extensive grammatical errors.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Cottageville gets first drug dog Story Link
walterborolive.com wrote:The Cottageville police department has a new weapon in its fight against crime: Tigger, a highly-trained, drug-sniffing Dutch shepherd.
There's a pretty cool picture of Tigger on the site.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

There's no direct reference to any Dutch Shepherds, but this is adjacent-interesting:

Looming cannabis legalization forces 14 RCMP sniffer dogs into early retirement Full Story
www.theglobeandmail.com wrote:All 14 dogs need to be replaced, and it will cost about $5,000 to train each new pup with the updated drug palette that excludes cannabis.
Michael
oddbird
Green Dog

Post by oddbird »

centrop67 wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:55 pm There's no direct reference to any Dutch Shepherds, but this is adjacent-interesting:

Looming cannabis legalization forces 14 RCMP sniffer dogs into early retirement Full Story
www.theglobeandmail.com wrote:All 14 dogs need to be replaced, and it will cost about $5,000 to train each new pup with the updated drug palette that excludes cannabis.
Interesting! I hadn’t thought about the implications on K-9 units in that regard.

Did you see the story about about the drug dog in Colombia that has a $70k bounty on its head by a drug cartel? It was a GSD, I think.
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

oddbird wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:55 am Did you see the story about about the drug dog in Colombia that has a $70k bounty on its head by a drug cartel?
Colombian drug cartel put a $70K bounty on this dog Story Link
www.cbsnews.com wrote:The Urabeños gang responsible for the hit request is considered Colombia's most powerful criminal organization. Police have moved Sombra to ensure her safety.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

2 new police dogs join Nebraska State Patrol K9 unit Full Story
www.macon.com wrote:Amos, a 15-month-old Dutch Shepherd, is stationed in Sidney in southwestern Nebraska.

Both Amos and Koda (Belgian Malinois) are dual purpose K9s, meaning they're trained for patrol and detecting controlled substances.
Michael
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

centrop67 wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:50 am
oddbird wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:55 am Did you see the story about about the drug dog in Colombia that has a $70k bounty on its head by a drug cartel?
Colombian drug cartel put a $70K bounty on this dog Story Link
www.cbsnews.com wrote:The Urabeños gang responsible for the hit request is considered Colombia's most powerful criminal organization. Police have moved Sombra to ensure her safety.
Ten tons!?!?!?!!!
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor