Riddick for stud KNPV lines only.

Have something you want to sell or buy related to a Dutch Shepherd? Put it here.
Forum rules
If you are selling a Dutch Shepherd or announcing a litter please post the results of the normally expected health tests or clearly state that they are not available. ...people are going to ask for them.
Mark77
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Own a Mal and a Dutchie.

Riddick for stud KNPV lines only.

Post by Mark77 »

My original offer over five years ago was to stud my UKC registered Dutch Shepherd for breeders wanting to diversify their lines. He has been bred twice. At this time, given his age now going on nine years old- I plan on one more breeding to a documented KNPV line female in exchange for a pup. I did also have him collected for a future breeding in case he gets to old to breed before finding a suitable female.

Thanks,

M
Last edited by Mark77 on Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mark77
Training Dog

Re: UKC Registered KNPV Lines DS Stud Services, Riddick

Post by Mark77 »

Pictures on his profile only now.

Thanks,

M
Last edited by Mark77 on Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mark77
Training Dog

Post by Mark77 »

Pictures only on his Pedigree Database profile under Land of Oz Riddick.
Last edited by Mark77 on Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mark77
Training Dog

Post by Mark77 »

Thanks, BTT.
vicken
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Working woman who got a DS to keep her out of the office. Good dog!! She does her job. She has gotten Mom into agility, schutzhund and carting, all in her first 18 months. Now what? You want me to throw Balls, again?!!

Post by vicken »

Hi. Where are you in the USA? v (with Inti)
Learning together with Inti.
Mark77
Training Dog

Post by Mark77 »

vicken wrote:Hi. Where are you in the USA? v (with Inti)
Ohio.
Mark77
Training Dog

Post by Mark77 »

Final update.

Originally posted 01/23/2020 with a slight update for 12/20/21,

Public statement to defend my dog’s name on a matter of genetics. I heard from a smaller US Dutch Shepherd breeder in January 2020 that she heard from another breeder that Riddick had some type of genetic problem. He does not and I’ll explain.

One of Riddick’s pups born to a Dam in Finland in 2019 via frozen semen, ended up with OCD in the shoulder. OCD is an issue with improper formation of cartilage in the joints and in the pups case- was a tear in the shoulder cartilage requiring surgical repair. That pup’s mother, the Dam my dog was bred to- has a full brother that has OCD of the shoulder which was a fact that was not disclosed to me at that time prior to the breeding. It was later discovered maybe Spring of 2021, two years later, that the Dam herself used in that specific breeding also had that same OCD genetic condition which unfortunately she passed that condition onto her pups.

Having heard from the breeder in Missouri about these concerns, I contacted Cher Car Kennels in Jan 2020- whom I bred my dog Riddick to Cheryl's female "Snap" years ago in 2013. Specifically, to ask if any of Riddick's offspring from his lines bred stateside had shown signs of having a similar genetic issue. I was told by Cheryl, whom subsequently bred Riddick's daughter "Cara" and Riddick's grand-daughter "Mirror Image Djanga" that she has not seen genetic issues from his lines nor specifically OCD within Dutch Shepherds in the US. If it was prevalent, I think we would see it more often given the amount of line breeding and generations of dogs we now have here.

In closing, my dog has never had that genetic OCD condition. He did years of bite work, protection training, and advanced obedience without issue. He’s now over 10 ½ years old. He's also remains plenty active. It was just an unfortunate and disappointing situation regarding that specific breeding.

Thanks,

M
Last edited by Mark77 on Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:43 am, edited 5 times in total.
Mark77
Training Dog

Post by Mark77 »

Anyway, I wrote my original post over six years ago and now he's going on eleven years old. I've been through many adventures with Riddick since. He's been an amazing dog, extremely protection driven yet also very balanced, very calm with zero nerve issues.

M
Last edited by Mark77 on Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:22 am, edited 11 times in total.
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Thanks for the updates Mark.

As I was reading, I was afraid we were hearing an obituary. Thankfully, not. :)
Mark77 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:41 pm I heard from a smaller US dutch shepherd breeder a couple days ago that she heard from another breeder that Riddick had some type of genetic problem.
Double hearsay, and hopefully not detrimental.
Mark77 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:02 pm I used to take him everywhere
Do you still? What changed?
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Mark77
Training Dog

Post by Mark77 »

Just wanted to clear things up and give some udpates.

Thanks,

M