Neutering

Dutch DD837
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hi, I am retired, served in the USNavy, am married and we have an 8 month old DS and an 8 year old Chihuahua..They get along great. I read a lot of useful information in some posts about training. I always wanted a German shepherd and I wanted to name him Dutch then I met a DS that was a retired bomb dog and I fell in love with the breed. Thought the name was "original".

Neutering

Post by Dutch DD837 »

We were not going to neuter our DS until we one of his testicles didn't drop. Now after getting a few opinions from 2 different vets and the trainer we use we were you'd we have to neuter. He is the most gentile, friendly, caring dog and has the greatest, most fun personality. My question is, will his temperament change? The vets said no, but I wanted to ask other DS family's. Any thoughts?

Thanks, you are all so loving if this great breed!
cordeliandemon
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: owner of a male Dutch Shepherd and female Alaskan Malamute

Re: Neutering

Post by cordeliandemon »

i dont know how i missed this so sorry for the late reply, but no his temperament shouldnt change:) i had demon neutered at 1 and a half and the only change was that he stopped trying to dig out of the garden all the time which is beyond a positive developement!
demon is still just as affectionate and playful with his family and puts everything he can muster into guarding the house when he thinks theres danger, no change there at all.
Sadhbh (pronounced "Sive", its an irish name) -
Demon (dutch shepherd)
Koda (alaskan malamute)
Sidney (collie/springer spaniel)- R.I.P