Monster puppy

Puppies! We all love our puppies.
Smanders
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: My name is Sarah, my puppy is named Hobbes. He is 5 months old and full of piss and vinegar. Currently training in obedience and just starting with tracking. This is my first puppy so I am always looking for advice!

Monster puppy

Post by Smanders »

Ok... So I feel like Hobbes is a monster puppy compared to everyone else's in size :roll: , at 7 Months, he is now 70lbs . I swear he gets a TON of exercise (like 4 hrs plus a day) and I feed him Kirkland puppy kibble at the amount he is supposed to have per day. Does he look fat to you guys ? Maybe he is just going to be a giant .... He has massive feet still that are really big for him. Maybe he is all muscle ...
Hobes 11.jpg
Hobes 11.jpg (27.04 KiB) Viewed 2441 times
Hobes 22.jpg
Hobes 22.jpg (19.34 KiB) Viewed 2441 times
Now that I have added these two photo's I realize they are not the best profile pics ... will have to take one when I get home and add it in.
-Sarah & Hobbes-
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Monster puppy

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Holy cow hes big!! Its hard to see if he is fat from the pictures. He is cute though.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Smanders
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: My name is Sarah, my puppy is named Hobbes. He is 5 months old and full of piss and vinegar. Currently training in obedience and just starting with tracking. This is my first puppy so I am always looking for advice!

Post by Smanders »

Hobbes 3.jpg
Hobbes 3.jpg (19.9 KiB) Viewed 2350 times
Ok, so finally back to this, update as well. He is 75lbs now and almost 8 months. He is not fat just a big boy, all my friends have assured me that they don't think he's fat or unhealthy looking. He is just going to be a big boy!! Here are some more pics. Has anyone ever heard of a Dutchie getting to be bigger then 80lbs ??
Hobbes 4.jpg
Hobbes 4.jpg (18.68 KiB) Viewed 2350 times
Also, I know this is off topic, but one of my first posts was about training Hobbes so he will be ok around my siblings this summer. So I have been taking him to the bus stop close by in the morning and doing some training while the kids run around, which has been going really well. Unless they are shriking or yelling he really isn't that interested in them. I have also been making a point to train him by school's when recess is happening whenever possible (not as often as I'd like!!). Does anyone have any other training idea's to help prep with meeting the kids ?

He is pretty good with people in general, loves it when my friends come over. We are still working on proper greeting etiquette but overall that is going well, he is not nearly as jumpy as he used to be but still really excited. I just worry about the running around and loud aspect that kids have. My siblings are really good and older but as kids they are prone to getting excited. I kind of want to work on something so that he knows its ok when other people get excited that doesn't mean that he has to get excited also. I know some of you guys must have Dutchies and Kids co existing, do your Dutchies get overly excited when the kids are excited ?
-Sarah & Hobbes-
calliegirl1234
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I have a 6 month old Dutch Shepard. Her coat is black with a brown Merle on her legs.

Post by calliegirl1234 »

My girls dad was 95 and came up to my ribs. My little girl is 56 at 6 month.