I need to rehome Turbo.

Mobil
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued a dumped DS puppy from the freeway and found his littermate in a nearby shelter two weeks later.

I need to rehome Turbo.

Post by Mobil »

I don't know if I'm allowed to post this here or not but I figure if not then the mods will delete it.

Turbo and Voodoo can't be in the same house any more. Turbo decided at the end of December last year that she wanted to kill her. I've kept them separated for the last six months and there have been two accidents where they've gotten at each other and after this last incident, I just can't do it any more. Here is a copy of the ad I put up:

Turbo is in need of a new home due to severe bitch aggression with my Malinois. 2-year-old spayed female, heartworm negative, up-to-date on vaccines and heartworm prevention. Turbo and her littermate were found as puppies at 10 weeks, so I do not know if she is purebred or not, but she seems to be. Does get along with my male Dutchie who is her littermate, she's very dominant, though.

ABSOLUTELY NO CATS. No female dogs or small animals. I have small children that she has been fine with; however, she is iffy with other children, sometimes fine and sometimes not, not sure what her criteria are. Because of this, I am hesitant to place in a home with children 5 and under. She is aggressive towards anyone on a bike or skateboard. High prey drive, good toy drive, loves to play frisbee and will tug for days. Very food motivated. Knows basic commands - sit, paw, down, wait, crate. Crate and house trained. Turbo will climb a 4-foot chain link fence like a monkey, so a yard fenced in taller than that would be best. She is small, just over 50 pounds.
turboYard.jpg
Dusty,

Mobil & Turbo (4/14, probably DS)

k9lexi
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Over the past 25 years I shared my life with a Rott, two Akitas, and a Shepherd/Husky mix. I now have my first Dutch Shepherd. Lexi was born in early September 2014. She is great in so many different ways but I could use advice from some been there done that DS owners.

Re: I need to rehome Turbo.

Post by k9lexi »

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you find a good home for her.

Were there any signs leading up to December incident. I ask because my husband just adopted a 5 month old female dutch shep mix ... possibly. I have a 1 1/2 yr old dutchie and a 10 yr old German Shepherd mix, both females. I had three females for a year before I had to out my old akita down last year. There were some incidents that I chalked up to a pup that wants to play rough and an emerging pack leader that wanted to restore peace. I didnt think about the all female agression you mentioned since ive mostly had female dogs.

The pup and my dutch play pretty rough sometimes and I try to keep my old girl as an observer so she doesn't feel the need to break it up. I just wondered if there are any signs you noticed that I should look for as the pup grows older. I can only imagine the pain of making a decision to rehome a dog you've had as part of your family. I'm sorry you and your dogs are going through this.
Mobil
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued a dumped DS puppy from the freeway and found his littermate in a nearby shelter two weeks later.

Post by Mobil »

I don't know. They all played together pretty much the same for months. Then one day Voodoo walked past her while she was standing in the dining room doorway. She just slipped past, brushing up against her, like she'd done many times before with both dogs. And Turbo just launched into her, snarling. Grabbed her by the throat and rolled her and kept laying into her. I got them separated and shoved Turbo in her crate and Voodoo lost part of her ear and Turbo's ear and nose were bleeding.

After a couple days to cool off, I tried letting them see each other (on leashes) from opposite ends of the room, and Voodoo didn't give a shit, was just curious, but Turbo lunged and barked and snarled trying to get at her.

I made an appointment with a trainer while my husband was on vacation but she ended up canceling on me because she was ill. I attempted one more meeting of the dogs after some days of extra obedience stuff, making her work for everything, making sure she had lots of exercise, etc., and it was just as bad. So they've been separated and rotated around for the past 6 months.

I can't do it any more. I've reached the limit of my capabilities and resources. Most of the time I don't have help, I'm home all day with 4 kids, and no matter how strict the guidelines and rules I set with regard to the dogs, someone's gonna f**k up again. I can't take that chance. It's not fair to either dog.
Dusty,

ICE
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have a 12 week old dutch shepherd that my trainer got for me to train in schutzhund. This is my 1st dutch shepherd, I have always had german shepherds. Currently, I have 4 dogs.

Post by ICE »

So sorry you are going through this. Sometimes 2 dogs just don't like each other, bitch fights are the worst... Sometimes you can get tough with the aggressor and stop the actual fighting but being on constant guard 24/7 is very stressful for you and the dogs. Where are you located?
Patty and Ice
Mobil
Training Dog

Post by Mobil »

ICE wrote:So sorry you are going through this. Sometimes 2 dogs just don't like each other, bitch fights are the worst... Sometimes you can get tough with the aggressor and stop the actual fighting but being on constant guard 24/7 is very stressful for you and the dogs. Where are you located?
I'm in Michigan near Owosso. And that is exactly it. The stress is unbelievable. I'm on hyper alert to make sure the kids don't accidentally let the dogs near each other, the dogs are visibly stressed, licking their lips constantly and yawning, Turbo has taken to ripping up the floor in the laundry room and whining whenever it's her turn to be confined.
Dusty,

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

wow, I am soooooooo verry sorry. Sometimes the just dont mesh. I have two girls and they are fine. They are so different though. Thalie is the Alpha but so very laid back and quiet and it takes A LOT to get her to fight. Sadie, younger, wants to be the Alpha but THalie wont let her. Sadie tries but Thalie kicks her but and when Sadie was younger I intervened. Mine are fine with their place in life so they dont challenge. These two just didnt mesh.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Mobil
Training Dog

Post by Mobil »

Happy news! Turbo got a new home with a retired cop who had to give up her Dutchie when she retired. Turbo took to her right away and I'm so happy. 2 acres out in the country and a swimming pool and NO CATS and no other dogs, and all the kids are over 15. It's like the best possible place, I didn't even hope for something that good!
Dusty,

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

YESSSSSSSSS!

:wtg:

:DSlove:
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

OH HAPPY DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I am sooooooooooooooo happy for both of you. I am sure you are relieved that you found a great home for TUrbo !!!!!
ImageImage
k9lexi
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Over the past 25 years I shared my life with a Rott, two Akitas, and a Shepherd/Husky mix. I now have my first Dutch Shepherd. Lexi was born in early September 2014. She is great in so many different ways but I could use advice from some been there done that DS owners.

Post by k9lexi »

That is great news!!! Turbo will be happy and you will have peace in your house which will be good for your other two dogs. ... and you. Based on my exeri3nce, I had just a little taste of friction with three girls and some fighting. Nothing too over the top that couldn't be monitored and managed. Can't imagine how tough it was for you.
Mobil
Training Dog

Post by Mobil »

He texted me yesterday and said that she's awesome and she's adjusting really well. They are very happy with her! :DSlove:

He's gonna have to bolster up his chicken coop, though. She wants his chickens real bad. :lol:
Dusty,

k9lexi
Green Dog

Post by k9lexi »

That is great when new parents let us know how are kids are adjusting. ...
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

That is great that you keep in touch.
ImageImage
Mark77
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Own a Mal and a Dutchie.

Post by Mark77 »

The females at least from my small sampling here, are definitely the aggressors and agitators.
Patrick
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I live in central Florida and appreciate and enjoy working dogs!

Post by Patrick »

Mark77 wrote: ↑Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:32 pm The females at least from my small sampling here, are definitely the aggressors and agitators.
That's just women in general.

πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‚