THANK YOU, ERIC!!

General "standards" discussion not specifically related to the coat variety
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

THANK YOU, ERIC!!

Post by GSDNanny »

Eric, I am sure I am not alone in wanting to express my sincere thank-you for your efforts in initiating, coordinating, moderating, etc. this DS Forum. :hail: Those efforts do not go unnoticed and are appreciated more than you will know. :hug: :salute: I personally appreciate your willingness to accommodate our 'growth' and therefore the need for adjustments in the format and categories. :wtg:

It is, by the way, Thanksgiving and for what you do for all of us, I am so thankful!!!

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: THANK YOU, ERIC!!

Post by icvanstra »

Thank you! if only I could find an "aw-shucks" emoticon... ;)

Just important are the moderators! Judith and Christie help out a bunch as well.

Although he is rather quiet on the board we also have Bob helping out. I may know somethings about computers....but Bob really knows the software that runs this forum VERY well!
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Post by GSDNanny »

icvanstra wrote:Thank you! if only I could find an "aw-shucks" emoticon... ;)

Just important are the moderators! Judith and Christie help out a bunch as well.

Although he is rather quiet on the board we also have Bob helping out. I may know somethings about computers....but Bob really knows the software that runs this forum VERY well!

Well indeed, thank you also to Bob, Judith and Christie! All of you make this a very enjoyable forum! Cheers!

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

I agree! Thanx Eric, I know how much work it is!! ;) :mrgreen:
k9katet
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.

Post by k9katet »

Thanks to all 3 of you!
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
cake73
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.

Post by cake73 »

Thank you, Eric and Christie and Judith!
Cheryl in MA, with rescued DS
Kaya, adopted January 2006 (over the bridge, September 2014)
Marley, adopted February 2008
Minnie, adopted March 2015

North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue
FG167
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am/have been involved in Dock Jumping, Agility, Rally, Tracking, Flyball and Search and Rescue and Schutzhund :-)

Post by FG167 »

cake73 wrote:Thank you, Eric and Christie and Judith!
x2!
Brindle
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving life in Oregon with some AMAZING Dutch Shepherds !

UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3 (x5), FH2, AD, TDX, OSP, L2C, CGC, CD, APR1, TDU, NW3-C, NW3-E, NW3-V, NW3-I, NW3 Elite, ELT1, NA, NF, L3I, TG-N, TN-N, NAJ, VCD1, CSL1- F, CSL1-H, ELT2, L1E, CA, L2E, ELT3, ELT-CH, L3V, K9 Blood Donor
Vrijheid's Qahlua (Vodka) IPO3, L2I, L3C, NW3V, NW3C, NW3E. NW3I, L3E, NJP, NAP, OFP, NW3 Elite, L2V, TD
Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( youngster in training )

Post by Brindle »

I'd also like to add my "thanks" to ALL that make this board possable. :hail:
I'm thrilled that there is a place to share Dutch Shepherd information and fun.
:D
UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3,FH2,AD,TDX,OSP,L2C,CGC,CD,APR1,TDU,NA,NF,L3I,TG-N,TN-N,NAJ,VCD1,CSL1-F,CSL1-H,L1E,CA,L2E, ELT-CH,L3V

Vrijheid's Qahlua IPO3,L2I,L3CI,L3E,NJP,NAP,OFP,NW3 Elite,L2V,TD

Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( in training )
N2Th3Stars
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I joined this forum to learn more about the breed. In the future I would like to do Search and Rescue work with a Dutch Shepherd. At this time I do have one dog (Eli, a Pit Bull mix) and a cat (Mauser).

In the past i've worked at various rescue organizations doing everything from grooming and washing dishes to rehoming, fostering, and training. I've helped dogs, cats, lizards, goats, a ferret, rodents, and even rattlesnakes on occasion.

I've also spent a year and a half working as a Veterinary Technician. I never went to school for it, just trained on the job-- which is why I am thinking about going to school to get my actual certificate. Dunno how life will go though!! Randomness happens :)

Post by N2Th3Stars »

Also wanted to say Thanks! Very glad that this forum is around, and I hope it never goes away! Keep up the good work everyone...... ^_^

I would look at a dog and when our eyes met,
I realized that the dog and all creatures are
my family. They're just like you and me.
~Ziggy Marley~
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

Well, I sure can't not add my own appreciation! (double negatives R Us!) :stickman:
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
k9ssa-boss
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I am president of a nonprofit k9 company, we train and donate dogs to police departments and also train and deploy search and rescue dog teams.

Post by k9ssa-boss »

I am a first timer, just joined your forum and just got my first Dutch about a month ago. I have trained lab's and bloodhounds for years but this is my first dutch. I got her out of North Florida. She is a 7 month old female. My old L.E. partner had a large male dutch many years ago but we lost him to cancer (the K9). I will try to do some pics later of her, but I have been reading your comments and posts for about an hour and I like what I read. We are in central Alabama. I am the president of a company that trains and donates to L.E. narcotics detection K9's. I look forward to learning more from you guys.
Les and Kathy, and Alex-HRD K9, Daisey- The Tracker and Inga my new Dutch. Columbiana Alabama.
k9ssa-boss
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I am president of a nonprofit k9 company, we train and donate dogs to police departments and also train and deploy search and rescue dog teams.

Post by k9ssa-boss »

Tried to do a picture, not sure if it worked, will try again later.
Les and Kathy, and Alex-HRD K9, Daisey- The Tracker and Inga my new Dutch. Columbiana Alabama.
Lauren
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Post by Lauren »

thank you folks for making this forum and keeping it up! It has been a wonderful place to learn and share! :dssmile:

k9ssa-boss, I think that your post may get missed in this section.... Maybe Eric the great will move it to the Welcome section??? But anyhow, Welcome!!
Lauren from Western NC
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Thanks from me, too! It's nice to have a DS place that's fun and informative. :)