Can someone recommend on breeders from amsterdam?

General "standards" discussion not specifically related to the coat variety
R-a-m-b-o
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Owner of a german shepherd.
Inlove with dutch shepherds.

Can someone recommend on breeders from amsterdam?

Post by R-a-m-b-o »

I'm 100% sure that ill get a dutchie someday, but not right now.
I have an aunt from amsterdam and i recently thought to myself that if i'm getting a dutchie the best place to get him from is holland :D
what do you guys think?
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Can someone recommend on breeders from amsterdam?

Post by Christie M »

I'm sorry no one has answered this thread yet. The honest reality is - I have no idea :-)

I think you have 3 main options. Contact Selena off of this forum. I am sure she would know a variety of breeders over there, both hard core working (like her's) or more family friendly. Find Asheley Winters, Les Flores or Judith Powell on Facebook (although they have been here occasionally). Both have lots of experience imported into and out of France.

Lastly, if you are looking for strictly an FCI dog that isn't for high level competition, you can check with the American Dutch Shepherd Association. They keep close ties with the NHC and might have some recommendations.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
R-a-m-b-o
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Owner of a german shepherd.
Inlove with dutch shepherds.

Post by R-a-m-b-o »

I'm looking for an fci pup with high working abilities(probably with parents that has knpv titles), i want a 100% Dutchie, not a dutch\mal mix.
I know its alot to ask, But this is my dream dog.
I already have a picture of him in my head :D
He''ll have parents with knpv titles(Or atleast one with titles).
He'll be solid black.
And with FCI certificate.
In my country there's almost no dutchies, working dogs here are often Gsds and Mals.
so if i'll bring a dog like that he'll probably be a stud also.(I want that people here will be aware that there are working dogs other than gsds and mals.)
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years

Post by LyonsFamily »

I'm not sure you can get a solid black DS without mal being mixed in. Black isn't even an acceptable color for a DS if you're looking for FCI purebred and you can't get black out of two pure brindles. You can get a very dark brindle, but it won't be solid black.

I think you'll also have a hard time finding KNPV titled parents that are also both FCI registered. Not that it wouldn't happen, but within KNPV it's not necessary to have FCI papers. You might want to expand looking to parents with IPO or French Ring titles since there are more rules on being registered for some of those trials.
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
Selena
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Selena van Leeuwen, 35 yo, married to Dick. We have 2 children, a boy just turned 3 and a girl who will be 2 in may. We breed xHH, we developed our own bloodline with in mind how a PSD should be in our eyes.

Post by Selena »

Fci ds are very hard to find with knpv titles. If you want a ds with fci ped from holland contact kennel le dobry, the stienstra's. Lars cwylick (sp) is in Sweden and has fci ds working lines.
rallen
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: New Dutch Shepherd owner. I became familiar with them through MWD's. I researched them for a couple of years and finally got my pup from Holland.

Post by rallen »

Contact Sebastiaan van den Burg at Most Wanted K9, he has a website. He is in Rotterdam and sends KNPV line dogs to customers in US. He helped me in getting my DS and could not be happier.

sebastiannvdberg@hotmail.com