This is Bill

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
lizmint
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: We have a rescue dog which looks like a dutch shepherd. He's nearly three years old. He lives with us and his best buddy Syd Whippet.

This is Bill

Post by lizmint »

This is our rescue dog Bill. He was found as a puppy by the dog warden tied to a lamp post in a nearby town. We've had him over two years now and life has never been quite the same! [in a good way]. His best mate is Syd whippet who is our other rescue. What do you think? Could he be a dutch shepherd?
Attachments
bill.jpg
bill.jpg (48.23 KiB) Viewed 2068 times
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: This is Bill

Post by Raven »

I see GSD in there (ears?), but I don't know. I know he's one great-looking beast, though!

Bill. Makes me laugh. When I did rabbit rescue, the first one I kept I named Bill.

Thanks for taking those in who others discarded.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Post by johninny »

i would say that if he has the personality [ mental fluidity and aptitude ] and physical prowess and agilty of a DS, then he is one. looks like one to me as much as this photo can tell. he sure is gorgeous.

thanks for rescuing Bill AND Syd. [love the greyhound family - so goofy and smart --- they must get along great and make quite the intellectual pair!]

WELCOME.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Bill looks all business just like my Radar. Does he wag his tail?

Thanks for rescuing.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
lizmint
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: We have a rescue dog which looks like a dutch shepherd. He's nearly three years old. He lives with us and his best buddy Syd Whippet.

Post by lizmint »

bill3.jpg
bill3.jpg (275.64 KiB) Viewed 2046 times
Thanks for the welcome! He adores Syd, cuddles up to him and licks him at every opportunity. We've had a few dogs in our time, and I can honestly say we've never had one quite like Bill. He's extremely active, intelligent and sensitive. We didn't quite know what had hit us when we first got him. I took him to a trainer and I don't think he quite knew what had hit him either, he described him as like a Ferrari! His face does look a bit GSD, but his snout is shorter and his body is completely different - he's more stocky and he has a long body without the GSD low hips. Yes he wags his tail a lot and he struts with it up when he walks and runs. Anyway, it doesn't really matter if he is or he isn't, I was just curious and I like showing him off! Also one reason I joined is that he has a problem with his toe nails, and I wondered if it was breed related. I posted about it in the medical thread.
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years

Post by LyonsFamily »

Bill looks like a Dutch Shepherd/ working line GSD cross to me. How tall is he and how much does he weigh?
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA