Dutch or German?

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
Mirra
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Family of four. Two children, son is 7yrs and daughter is 4yrs. Two dogs both rescued from shelters, 7 yr old German short haired mix and 4 month old shepherd mix?

Dutch or German?

Post by Mirra »

image.jpg
image.jpg (166.45 KiB) Viewed 3304 times
We just picked up a 4 my hold puppy at the shelter last week. The shelter said she was a German shepherd mix but she looks more Dutch shepherd to us. She weighed about 21 lbs when we got her. Just wanted to see what others thought.

Tried putting more pics on but it only allowed up to a certain size limit. Will try posting more later.

James
Mobil
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued a dumped DS puppy from the freeway and found his littermate in a nearby shelter two weeks later.

Re: Dutch or German?

Post by Mobil »

Hi, James, welcome!

try hosting your photos on a hosting site such as imgur, photobucket, etc., and posting the link here.

Also, we won't be able to judge anything without clearer pictures, and multiple shots from different angles would be the most helpful.

Good on ya for rescuing!
Dusty,

Mobil & Turbo (4/14, probably DS)

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

its really hard to tell from this picture. some clear pictures would be great. Right now I just see a black ninja doggie.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Mobil
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued a dumped DS puppy from the freeway and found his littermate in a nearby shelter two weeks later.

Post by Mobil »

Dusty,

karenz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.

Post by karenz »

Haha haha haha. Kung Fuey. Hong Kong Fuey. :lol:
Attachments
img20140810_192131.jpg
img20140810_192131.jpg (26.28 KiB) Viewed 3281 times
Karen & Xander
Tina
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Parent of a rescued pup, Epona. She was abandoned with 6 of her siblings in the woods without any food or their mama. She's definitely a mix but it looks like she has some features of a DS! She loves to chew on things and is very hyper!

Post by Tina »

She sure is a beautiful ninja! Hehe :lol: Looking forward to see a clearer picture of this pretty girl!
~Tina~
Epona - Shepherd mix puppy
johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Post by johninny »

looks like a DS to me. just like my Tracer. is there ANY trace of brindle trying to pop out from under all that black? Tracer was entirely black for months, but eventually little bits of copper and gold started to appear; at 15 months, the brindle is still VERY subtle.
Attachments
DSC04774(1).jpg
DSC04774(1).jpg (49.72 KiB) Viewed 3235 times
Tracer running by ocean 9 18 13(1).jpg
Tracer running by ocean 9 18 13(1).jpg (46.37 KiB) Viewed 3235 times
DSC04173(1).jpg
DSC04173(1).jpg (54.28 KiB) Viewed 3235 times
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Looks DS to me ! He is so beautiful !!!!
ImageImage
Mobil
Training Dog

Post by Mobil »

Dutchringgirl wrote:Looks DS to me ! He is so beautiful !!!!
LOL. That's Tracer, Lisa.
Dusty,

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Mobil wrote:
Dutchringgirl wrote:Looks DS to me ! He is so beautiful !!!!
LOL. That's Tracer, Lisa.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :doh: I just look at the pictures :whistle:
ImageImage