Is my pup a Dutch Shepherd?

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
Scion
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I have a pup that I think is a Dutch shepherd. My guess though.

Is my pup a Dutch Shepherd?

Post by Scion »

Hello All,

I would like to request everyone's onion.

I got Cindy from the county shelter about 4 months ago.They had her listed as a German Shepherd. I would say shes a little smaller than my other GS dogs that I own. She looks a little different, and act much different then my other two GS. I always had my doubts because she acts different then them, but I love her the same she fits in perfectly with my other pups.

She is different then my other GS because.

She is more attached to us than the GS. She will cry bark when we come back from going out. Even if its only to the store.

She is way more lovable then my GS. She always wants to cuddle. Sleeps with us the whole night.

She has WAY more energy than my GS (my GS have a lot of energy but she has more).

Her bark is not as strong as my other GS, sounds different.

Her coat color is way different.

She just acts different then my other GS.

I love her so much no matter what she is. When I found her at the shelter and brought her home. I said to myself, how could anyone give up this dog, or not go back to claim her. She just fits right into our family. This was my first time getting a pup from the shelter. My others, I raised from puppy, and got from a breeder.
Attachments
dutch2.PNG
dutch2.PNG (865.13 KiB) Viewed 2287 times
dutch1.jpg
dutch1.jpg (475.54 KiB) Viewed 2287 times
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Re: Is my pup a Dutch Shepherd?

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

That's 1000% German shepherd
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Looks sounds like a sable GSD. Very handsome dog!
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Scion
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I have a pup that I think is a Dutch shepherd. My guess though.

Post by Scion »

Thanks for the responses :D . I guess she's a GS, just a little different then my other two. The good thing it that now I learned a lot more about the dutch shepherd breed.