Dog I.D tags

Found a great canine related product? Give it a review - good, bad, or meh
BubblesboyBen
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I’ve recently left the Royal Marines after 11 years service and decided to take a new path. Along my journey in the corps I had the pleasure of meeting and serving with a few k9 hero’s. I live in the south west of England 0.8km from the coast on an active farm. As you can imagine I live an outdoors active lifestyle and recently I’m the proud parent of Suki my 8-week old (female) Dutch shepherd.

Dog I.D tags

Post by BubblesboyBen »

hi guys.

greetings from the UK from me & Suki (8month old DS). I'm based in the UK and its required by law to have an I.D tag on your dog or face up to a £5000 ($6.500) fine. as she is growing fast I'm progressing through to a larger collar. I currently have a small Tactipup 1" Lite (Cobra buckle)with a slide on agitation plate which is great as I hate the constant jingling of an id disc. I thought id go all out and have purchased a Modern Icon 1.5-inch collar but struggling to find an id tag to fit. does anyone know of any makers that do an id to fit?

many thanks

(sample image of what I currently have)
Attachments
easy_fit_agility_collar_tag_collars_up_to_25mm_wide_74721.jpg (18.42 KiB) Viewed 3961 times
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Re: Dog I.D tags

Post by TimL_168 »

I've never seen a plate like that here. Can you use an embroidered Velcro patch?
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
BubblesboyBen
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I’ve recently left the Royal Marines after 11 years service and decided to take a new path. Along my journey in the corps I had the pleasure of meeting and serving with a few k9 hero’s. I live in the south west of England 0.8km from the coast on an active farm. As you can imagine I live an outdoors active lifestyle and recently I’m the proud parent of Suki my 8-week old (female) Dutch shepherd.

Re: Dog I.D tags

Post by BubblesboyBen »

hi Tim,

thanks for the reply.

There called agility ID tags, the idea behind them is that they are less likely to get caught on equipment whilst the dog is training. I actually bought this brass one through Amazon UK with free engraving and it worked great for the 1inch TactiPup collar. I ordered the largest size (as there are four sizes) as I thought the 37mm opening (1.4inch) might work but it didn't.

There is room on the Modern icon collar for embroidered patch 1.4-inch x 4.5-inch