Rare Breed Rough Coated Dutch Shepherd

Jan
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.

Rare Breed Rough Coated Dutch Shepherd

Post by Jan »

Does any know about this roughcoat. It wa brought to my -and others- attention by someone on a Ducht DS forum:

http://www.classifiedads.com/pets-ad11421502.htm
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.

Re: Rare Breed Rough Coated Dutch Shepherd

Post by CaroleBoaz »

It's the same one I posted about a month ago.

http://www.dutchshepherdforum.com/viewt ... =18&t=1098

I know a guy with 2 females from that litter and he says they are wonderful.
Jan
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.

Post by Jan »

Sorry for that Carole, I was not aware of that.
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.

Post by CaroleBoaz »

No problem.
Lauren
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Post by Lauren »

He is still available? I am surprised no one has snapped him up. He is such a cutie and a rarity too!
Lauren from Western NC
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog

Post by CaroleBoaz »

I believe he is available. But I have too many dogs already. :dssmile:
kchristy
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)

Post by kchristy »

he sure is cute, can't believe someone hasn't gotten him yet....
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
Lauren
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Post by Lauren »

We want to add a boy DS to our family, but after years of Airedales (pulling the coat) and Poodles (good grief) I am short hair bound. ;)
Lauren from Western NC
wahinelf
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I recently moved from CA to MA (10/12), Ellie (my 4 year old DS mix) and I are adjusting together!

Post by wahinelf »

-Aubrey

Eleanor CGC FM TF-II, my 5YO DSX
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Yep. And the new owner is a Dutchman!
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

woohoo!!! :stickman:
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Jan
Training Dog

Post by Jan »

Great! :wtg: