shorts

Make your requests for changes and/or additions
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

shorts

Post by Marjolein »

no, not about your boxers Eric :mrgreen:
I wanted to request for a list of shorts for all sort of dogsports and other dog-related stuff, such as CGC PSA and such :oops: Or am I the only one having trouble with this because I'm not from the US of A :huh: I simply have no Idea what it means, like you will probabely not understand IPO and FH1 and SPH2 and such? Could be interesting?
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: shorts

Post by icvanstra »

Marjolein,

What kind of shorts are you looking for???
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
cake73
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.

Post by cake73 »

icvanstra wrote:Marjolein,

What kind of shorts are you looking for???

I think like a glossary? What DO all of those abbreviations mean? :?:
Cheryl in MA, with rescued DS
Kaya, adopted January 2006 (over the bridge, September 2014)
Marley, adopted February 2008
Minnie, adopted March 2015

North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

I can do a few:

CGC - Canine Good Citizen
Not really a title, but a certification offered by the American Kennel Club (AKC) for any and all breeds. A demonstration of good manners

AKC - American Kennel Club
Largest breed registry in America. FCI supported. Does not recognize the Dutch Shepherd as a breed.

UKC - United Kennel Club
Slightly smaller breed registry that does recognize the Dutch Shepherd. However, to get UKC recognition, you only need to submit three pictures and a pedigree which will not be researched. Therefore there are many direct malinois X in the UKC registry. Technically dogs need to be 3 generations pure brindle for registration, but again, it is not researched.

TDI - Therapy Dogs International
Also not really a title, but refers to dogs that have passed an evaluation as a therapy dog. This evaluation is offered by many groups: Therapy Dogs International, Therapy Dogs Inc., Delta Society....

PSA - Protection Sports Association
A suit based, senario protection sport offering a PDC (Protection Dog Certificate) and three levels; PSA1, PSA2 and PSA3.

USDAA - United States Dog Agility Association
Multi-breed agility.

NADAC - North American Dog Agility Counsel
Multi-breed agility.

CPE - Canine Performance Sports (?)
Multi-breed agility.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
icvanstra
Working Dog
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

Marjolein wrote: like you will probabely not understand IPO and FH1 and SPH2 and such? Could be interesting?
Marjolein, time for some chastising... You threw out some acronyms yourself and then didn't provide any explanation, your turn! 8-)

Please look - I've created a new section (FAQ) and will create a new post for this topic. I'll copy Christie's response over to that.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
cake73
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.

Post by cake73 »

icvanstra wrote:Please look - I've created a new section (FAQ) and will create a new post for this topic. I'll copy Christie's response over to that.
Seems to not be the option to post a reply in the FAQ for acronyms. FYI. ;) (at least, I can't see it when I'm logged in)

icvanstra
Working Dog

Post by icvanstra »

try it now and let me know.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
cake73

Post by cake73 »

icvanstra wrote:try it now and let me know.
It's there now. Thanks!

Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Christie M wrote:I can do a few:

CGC - Canine Good Citizen
Not really a title, but a certification offered by the American Kennel Club (AKC) for any and all breeds. A demonstration of good manners

AKC - American Kennel Club
Largest breed registry in America. FCI supported. Does not recognize the Dutch Shepherd as a breed.

UKC - United Kennel Club
Slightly smaller breed registry that does recognize the Dutch Shepherd. However, to get UKC recognition, you only need to submit three pictures and a pedigree which will not be researched. Therefore there are many direct malinois X in the UKC registry. Technically dogs need to be 3 generations pure brindle for registration, but again, it is not researched.

TDI - Therapy Dogs International
Also not really a title, but refers to dogs that have passed an evaluation as a therapy dog. This evaluation is offered by many groups: Therapy Dogs International, Therapy Dogs Inc., Delta Society....

PSA - Protection Sports Association
A suit based, senario protection sport offering a PDC (Protection Dog Certificate) and three levels; PSA1, PSA2 and PSA3.

USDAA - United States Dog Agility Association
Multi-breed agility.

NADAC - North American Dog Agility Counsel
Multi-breed agility.

CPE - Canine Performance Sports (?)
Multi-breed agility.
Yup that's what I menat, thanx!!