April 2017 Theme - Airborne

Monthly Photo Contest
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

April 2017 Theme - Airborne

Post by centrop67 »

This month's theme is airborne.

Upload your entry here or email them to me at my username at gmail dot com.

Here's one of my favorites:
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Re: April 2017 Theme - Airborne

Post by TimL_168 »

Can I vote for ICE again?
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
karenz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.

Post by karenz »

Attachments
img20170331_174327.jpg
img20170331_174327.jpg (163.52 KiB) Viewed 6255 times
Karen & Xander
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

TimL_168 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:58 pm Can I vote for ICE again?
You want Ice to get back-to-back-to-back wins?
Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

centrop67 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:35 pm
TimL_168 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:58 pm Can I vote for ICE again?
You want Ice to get back-to-back-to-back wins?
I was just joking. Last month's pic was just THAT awesom, and it met this months criteria. I'm going to try my best to get some decent pics of En for this month.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

TimL_168 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:35 am I was just joking
I know - I was too.

You're right, though, that picture is perfect for this month's contest.
Michael
racingiron1
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Hilde is a rescue that we suspect is at least partially Dutch Shepherd.

Post by racingiron1 »

Hilde grabbing a disc:
airborne5.jpg
airborne5.jpg (74.37 KiB) Viewed 6008 times
Eric, Elizabeth, & Hilde
Kduthler
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Currently have 2 yr old dutch shepherd named zeus along with his "brother from another mother" german shepherd named Bear. Zeus was a foster dog where I worked and came in so shy and confused. From the moment I saw him, I knew he was meant to be mine. He is my most loyal friend and nothing can come between us.

Post by Kduthler »

My main man Zeus in action. He is 2 1/2 and is my special rescue boy. What an awesome breed to share my home with.
Attachments
Resized_20170404_172009.jpg
Resized_20170404_172009.jpg (202.68 KiB) Viewed 5999 times
Wavebreaker107
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Im ethan. Me and my girl friend have bear (german) and zeus (dutchie) together. We love long walks adventures. Bear is going to be a therpy dog and zeus we hope agility and protection in the next couple years. Both were rescues, now have happy home and a brother now.

Post by Wavebreaker107 »

High lob to center field. Zeus to make the snag with a huge leap. All fours have left the ground.
Attachments
20170404_171732.jpg
20170404_171732.jpg (790.87 KiB) Viewed 5997 times
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Yessssssss!
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

I knew this was going to be a fun one.
Michael
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

I'll get one in this weekend. I'm gonna try to use a better camera. The one in my phone kinda sucks.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Duke
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Healthy, happy, energetic, and super social.

Post by Duke »

These are great
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

How. How do you do this? I've spent three hours over the course of three days trying to get a single useful frame of my dog in the air.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Action photos are tough. I really am lucky to have a DSLR camera that allows me to set it on rapid shoot, so I can capture several frames and hopefully get at least one clear frame. My phone's camera has the same option, but it doesn't focus fast enough to get that good clear shot.

The other option is luck.
Michael
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

Little better. Still can't get the focus. I miss 35mm. At least I'm happy with the movement through the picture.
Last edited by TimL_168 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Just a quick thought: if you had take the picture with him going in the other direction, the sun would've been in his face making for a much brighter/clearer picture. Lighting is also a big consideration.
Michael
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

centrop67 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:43 pm Just a quick thought: if you had take the picture with him going in the other direction, the sun would've been in his face making for a much brighter/clearer picture. Lighting is also a big consideration.
The sun was over my right shoulder. She was in the shadow of the kid's play house. I learned a lot about photography in my teens. The difference is, I had better time and equipment back then. I have a couple digital cameras that I inherited last year, but I haven't learned everything about them yet.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor