A Malaherd? Dutch Shepherds in the News (January 2018)

Did you see a Dutch Shepherd somewhere? Out in public? On Television? In a movie?
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

A Malaherd? Dutch Shepherds in the News (January 2018)

Post by centrop67 »

Reward increased for return of missing Live Oak K9
Story Link
www.mysanantonio.com wrote:Warrant, a brindle-colored Dutch Shepherd, was last seen early Sunday morning in Universal City, according to a news release from the police department. The dog is 2 years old and weighs 70 pounds.
Dutch Shepherd Helps Children Learn How to Read
Story Link
www.mtairynews.com wrote:Reading With Robin! Robin is a dog, a Dutch Shepherd, who has been trained by Therapy Dogs International to work with children who need help in practicing their reading.
Meet Zeno, Cass County Sheriff's Department's newest K-9 focused on narcotics
Story Link
www.pharostribune.com wrote:The 2-year-old Malaherd, a cross between a Belgian Malinois and Dutch Shepherd, has been with the department since November and is a sole-purpose narcotics detection dog. Purchased specifically for the sheriff’s department by Bullshippers Cafe owners Ron and Marsha Bullard and trained at Vohne Liche Kennels in Miami County, Zeno is the department’s third K-9.
KC joins Woodhull Police Department
Story Link
www.galesburg.com wrote:KC, a 4-year-old female Dutch shepherd was added to the department as a K-9 member, and has been successfully trained in San Antonio, where she was accompanied by Police Chief Chad Hillier.
Police dog recovers from medical scare
Story Link
www.bradenton.com wrote:Rocky, a 7-year-old Dutch shepherd, was diagnosed with intestinal torsion, which can be fatal.
Now, a little more than two weeks later, Rocky has been released back to the force – but is on light duty, for now.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A Malaherd? Dutch Shepherds in the News (January 2018)

Post by centrop67 »

Will work for playtime
Story Link
www.rrobserver.com wrote:KT and her canine roommate, a 5-year-old Dutch shepherd named Quattro, are the first-ever search-and-rescue dogs to be part of a county rescue team. They’re the newest members of the Rio Grande Basin Heavy Technical Rescue Team, made up of Rio Rancho, Sandoval County and Corrales firefighters.
Dave said Quattro came from the Netherlands to be a police dog, but was too friendly for patrol work. So, Dave adopted him at 18 months old and trained him in Schutzhund, a German dog sport involving tracking and obedience.
Live Oak Police believe 'someone' has missing K9
Story Link
www.kens5.com wrote:The Live Oak Police Department needs help cracking a case involving one of its own. One of its two K9 officers is missing, and has been for nearly a week. So far, there are no credible leads, but the hunt is one for 'Warrant'. The police department has handed out 2,000 missing fliers in the area. Officer David Wall said he's sick to his stomach that his partner is gone.
Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

:wtg: :wtg: :wtg: LIVE OAK PD'S MISSING K9 FOUND SAFE :wtg: :wtg: :wtg:
Story Link
www.kens5.com wrote:Due to Warrant's overall condition and cleanliness, Live Oak Police say they believe someone had him ‘contained’ and not running around free. Injuries to the mouth suggest he may have chewed his way out
:DSangel:
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Lake sheriff's officer, K-9 hit by squad during chase
Story Link
www.nwitimes.com wrote:Officer Doug Parker and his K-9 Rocky, a Dutch shepherd, were hit by another Lake County sheriff's squad car as they exited from the passenger side of the squad in which they were riding, police said.
The K-9 suffered a broken paw as a result of the collision, Martinez said.

Bibb County K9 officer dies :depress:
Story Link
www.13wmaz.com wrote:... Officer Beko [A Dutch Shepherd] died at the age of 6 from renal failure caused by leptospirosis while hospitalized at the vet on Sunday.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

FYI... Leptospirosis
https://www.petmd.com wrote:Leptospirosis is an infection of bacterial spirochetes
Dogs will typically come into contact with the leptospira bacteria in infected water, soil, or mud, while swimming, passing through, or drinking contaminated water, or from coming into contact with urine from an infected animal.
Michael
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

A friend's bulldog almost died from lepto over just a couple days from onset of symptoms.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

A friend's bulldog almost died from lepto over just a couple days from onset of symptoms. It's seriously dangerous. Especially in cities.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

The saga of K9 Drako continues...

Live Oak PD missing K9 undergoes surgery - and investigation
Story Link
www.kens5.com wrote:The K9 underwent surgery Monday. He is expected to make a full recovery, and could return to the police force in just four months.
With a resolution in the works - police are working to answer one last question: where was Warrant for the thirteen days he was missing?

Some of his injuries raise a red flag, Officer Wall said.
Michael