Finally pictures of my Reggie (mix)

Have a photo you want to share?
artistiklove
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: currently own what I believe to be a Dutch mix, and looking for another to train as a personal service dog.

Finally pictures of my Reggie (mix)

Post by artistiklove »

I'm finally able to upload some pictures of my boy. I know these guys are pretty rare, but I really believe that he's a dutch mix. Let me know what ya think!
Attachments
Reggie001.jpg
Reggie001.jpg (191.67 KiB) Viewed 2666 times
Becky

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
artistiklove
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: currently own what I believe to be a Dutch mix, and looking for another to train as a personal service dog.

Re: Finally pictures of my Reggie (mix)

Post by artistiklove »

i'm still kind of new, and don't know how to add more than one pic at a time - if it's even possible!
Attachments
Reggie003.jpg
Reggie003.jpg (218.11 KiB) Viewed 2665 times
Becky

artistiklove
Just Whelped

Post by artistiklove »

here's one of me (not lookin so great!) and him (looking wonderful)
Attachments
Bek and Reggie 001.jpg
Bek and Reggie 001.jpg (182.35 KiB) Viewed 2665 times
Becky

Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Lovely dog! Other than the brindle, I see no similarity with a DS ;) I would think some mix with whippet or greyhound type dog, they are very often brindled too, or stafford,maybe pitt... lot's of possibilities :)
artistiklove
Just Whelped

Post by artistiklove »

I'll have to dig up some other pics of him. I've had quite a few people tell me he reminded them of a malinois, so that's probably also making me feel that way. When I look at him in person, I see so many of the physical characteristics - but they never seem to show in pictures. Although, as I said in my introduction post, I fell in love with dutch shepherds when I was a kid, so it could also be wishful thinking! I do plan on getting one sometime in the future to train as an assistance dog. Anyway, I couldn't ask for a better dog than him - and that's all that really matters! :)
Becky

cake73
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.

Post by cake73 »

Handsome fellow!

I don't see any DS, but his coat reminds me of that of a boxer.
Cheryl in MA, with rescued DS
Kaya, adopted January 2006 (over the bridge, September 2014)
Marley, adopted February 2008
Minnie, adopted March 2015

North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue
artistiklove
Just Whelped

Post by artistiklove »

we had his dna done (I know they're not really accurate) for fun a while back. It said he was German Shepherd and boxer. I see no GSD except maybe the bump at the tip of his muzzle ;) and the only boxer thing I can see is the tuck up of his belly. He definitely does not have the bouncy personality of a boxer or pit (with which I've owned and worked with many). I used to think maybe a sighthound because he's quite laid back. But then I found out that he's actually around 10. But a lot of other ways he acts reminds me of a dutch...as well as a few other breeds. He really only seems to care about this one family - so incredibly loyal. very protective, can be very active when we "allow" it. Like I said, it's just a feeling I have. If I look at pics of other dogs, I see Reggie right away in them. If I look at him, I see the dutchiness. I recently cleaned my computer out and dropped a lot of the pictures that would show you guys what I mean. Regardless, he's a great dog, and he's loving all the info that I get from this forum.....I mentioned at one point that I will be getting a dutch as soon as I am able for service work. Can't wait, and I'm so glad I have you all to help me!
Becky

vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

He looks like quite a lucky dog with a lot of great personality!
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Post by GSDNanny »

Reggie can be what you want him to be as it is obvious that he is loved no matter. I especially love the close up face picture; eyes to the soul.

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
MinaHerdershonden
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: My name is Anna and i'm 19 years old, I volunteer most of my time and half of which goes to OCAS shelter which is where I found Mina who was 7 months old at the time.
I live in chapel hill, NC. Soon to be near ashville NC as I will be attending Warren Wilson College.

Post by MinaHerdershonden »

Hello! while hes gorgeous I honestly would say hes a greyhound and staffy/pitt mix, my friend who works at the shelter I volunteer at have a greyhound pit mix thats fawn named Bambi

I hope this picture works...see the very similar face shape? and coat type?
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn ... 9121_n.jpg
I'm Anna.
From Chapel Hill, NC.
Short haired dark/gold brindle:
Mina.
:D
lisaanne
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: 40 something mom of 3 sons, 2 living....mother of one beagle girl, Puddles age 9 and our yet to be determined "shepherd" type girl Beta, age 2. Beta was rescued from an area no-kill shelter and was assumed to be a GSD/Greyhound mix, perhaps? I sure cannot find anything greyhound about the girl, sought out Brindle Shepherds and came across the DS, and began to wonder.....she is the absolute best dog anyone could want.

Post by lisaanne »

Oh, I think he's adorable, no matter what his pedigree, or lack there of says...but, he doesn't look much like any of the Dutchies I've seen, but I am by no means an expert. I agree with what the others have said, and remember dogs, just like humans, can pick up ANY or FEW of the physical characteristics of their parents. Genetics isn't necessarily straight forward, especially when it comes to a mixed breed.
Lisa from Kenosha Wisconsin.....
half-way between Chicago and Milwaukee on the heart of Lake Michigan

Mom to Puddles (9 y/o f beagle) and Beta (2 y/o f DS or other shepherd mix?)