Newspaper article about raw feeding

Dietary/feeding issues
Diesel
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Hello, my name is Ashlee. I have a Dutch Shepherd who will be 5 this summer. We live in Northwest Territories Canada. Diesel is a typical Dutch Shepherd, very high intelligence and extremely high energy.

Newspaper article about raw feeding

Post by Diesel »

Here's a link to an article I came across regarfing feeding raw.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/rel ... le4401112/
Ashlee, Diesel and Halo
Drizlaru
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Motivated sport dog trainer.

Re: Newspaper article about raw feeding

Post by Drizlaru »

Personally I think the article reinforces the fact that there are still alot of vets out there that don't know jack about nutrition. Of course Iams, Purina, and Hills are going to defend their products saying their "scientificly sound", their billion dollar businesses depend on brainwashing the general public into thinking it's actually good for their pets. There is so much misinformation out there, it's not easy to find the truth. Quite honestly, theres a good portion of the population that just doesn't care enough to find out.

Just recently I took it upon myself to educate my coworkers when the subject of dog food arose in casual conversation. It's been a real eye opener for some people, others felt embarrassed, and some just didn't care. They were happy to get the cheapest food they could find, all the while they needed to buy their third house, and fifth vehicle. I'm just happy that some actually listened.
Disclaimer: This post is not intended to send anyone to grief counseling, or a mental trauma hospital. The information in this post is intended for "informational purposes only", and is a product of my own opinion.
Ben MacDonald