New to post and need some help!

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
Gracek
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I just adopted a "Dutch shepherd" and he is very sweet. I haven't had a brand new puppy in a long time so I'm a little lost

New to post and need some help!

Post by Gracek »

Hi there!

I just adopted this "Dutch shepherd" baby boy and he is (according to the adoption place) 2 months. I'm having a bit of a dilemma, I don't think he is a Dutch shepherd and would like y'alls opinions please :) he is very sweet and rambunctious like a normal puppy but I'm thinking maybe he is mixed with a small dog? He seems very tiny.

Thank you in advance for the help :)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (425.85 KiB) Viewed 2437 times
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: New to post and need some help!

Post by Dutchringgirl »

he is very cute. How about some pictures of him standing from the side ? I know its hard to have a puppy stand LOL . How tall is he, weight?
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Post by Raven »

Welcome, Gracek.

I moved your post to the section where folks ask if their dog is a DS/part DS. You'll see there the type of photos/information that are most beneficial. So, when you're ready with more photos/information, just scoot over there.

Oh--and very cute pup!
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
Stacy_R
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: 3 dogs and graying hair thanks primarily to Tyson...

Post by Stacy_R »

whatever he turns out to be...he is stinking CUTE!
~Stacy
Mom to:
Tyson - DS mix (Hendrix's Soul Sibling and Dinga Roo's long lost twin)
Baby Ruth - Miniature Schnauzer
Snickers - Miniature Pinscher
http://www.rescuedme.org
Gracek
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I just adopted a "Dutch shepherd" and he is very sweet. I haven't had a brand new puppy in a long time so I'm a little lost

Post by Gracek »

This is Jeter from the side the best I could get haha. He didn't want me taking his picture when I tried to just get him to stand still. I haven't weighed him yet since I still need to take him to the vet but he seems about 10 pounds and that's him in comparison to my 1 1/2 year old who is on the bigger side at 35 pounds and tall for his age.

I tried comparing him to some Dutch shepherd puppy pictures that I found and he seemed to compare to the 6 week old puppies ... I still have no idea.

What do you guys think?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (71.7 KiB) Viewed 2372 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (240.8 KiB) Viewed 2372 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (213.45 KiB) Viewed 2372 times
Gracek
Just Whelped

Post by Gracek »

Here's another one...
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (33.06 KiB) Viewed 2372 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (221.45 KiB) Viewed 2372 times
Gracek
Just Whelped

Post by Gracek »

Dutchringgirl wrote:he is very cute. How about some pictures of him standing from the side ? I know its hard to have a puppy stand LOL . How tall is he, weight?

I'm not sure how to reply to people on this kind of forum.. But I posted some more pictures :)
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

still hard to tell what he is, he could be mixed with so many, but he is just so stinkin adorable !!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage