Dutch Shepherd?

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
Mwlevey
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd owner?

Dutch Shepherd?

Post by Mwlevey »

Hello everyone!
My wife and I rescued this girl a bit over a year ago. She is 16 months old, 56 lbs, 23 inches tall at the withers.
Size fairly stable now.

She definitely has a herding instinct and is deceptively strong for her size. Extremely bonded to my wife, and protective (barky) of her yard. We have not done a DNA test, and probably won't.

What do you think? Dutchie?

Insight appreciated.

Thanks,
Marc
image1.jpeg
image1.jpeg (173.79 KiB) Viewed 1414 times
image2.jpg
image2.jpg (132.16 KiB) Viewed 1414 times
image3.jpeg
image3.jpeg (126.23 KiB) Viewed 1414 times
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: Dutch Shepherd?

Post by Raven »

Nice looking girl. Thanks for rescuing.

I don't usually comment on the "is my dog a..." section, but I'm chiming in just to say that DNA testing for the DSD, as per quite a few posts on this forum, is not money well spent, so you were wise to just to love her no matter what.

I will say that I see something in the shape of her head that doesn't scream DS, but that might just be me or the angles. Her feet in that last shot look ginormous!!!! :lol: Is that the most recent shot or were they all taken within the same time frame?

What did you name her? How is she with dogs/kids/strangers?
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
Mwlevey
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd owner?

Post by Mwlevey »

Last shot was the earliest of the 3 (prob 6 mo ago). The other two more recent. The brindle color led me to this forum.

She is great with other dogs. I would say she is more of a dogs dog than a people dog. We socialized her with other dogs very early. Loves kids, very gentle with small ones. Likes people, but becomes disinterested in them quickly.

Thanks for the response.
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

the " fairly stable" leads me to believe she isnt DS. None of them are stable LOL.

There could be any number of breeds mixed in there as there are alot of breeds with brindle.

She is beautiful though !!! Im sure she is happy she found you.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage