Puppies!!!

Have a photo you want to share?
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Re: Puppies!!!

Post by vneerland »

Congratulations on your choice, Jan. 8-)

Leih: Pronounce: Youp
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Jan
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.

Post by Jan »

Thanks Judith, also for the pronouncing of his name.
Today we received these photo's, they are about 6 1/2 weeks old now and we are going to take him home next friday, that is a day to look forward to as you can imagine.

I think you can see the curly fur of a puppy-roughcoat DS rather well.
Jan
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.

Post by Jan »

He is home! We are so glad to have him arround definatily and het is very, very cute. Last thursday we were able to pick him up and so we did. When we arrived at home we let our other two dogs meet together with Joep somewhere on neutral ground and at first he was a little confused to see thes two ''giant'' dogs but yesterday afternoon they played a little for the first time already. Togehther they are doing very well and we are convinces we made the right choice.

Preparing for the journey up north;

We had a save place for him in our car;

And of course we had to stop along the highway every now and then:

After his first meeting with Floor and Bas he got tired so we let him sleep and rihgt after he wakes up we take him out every time, so far he hasn't done anything inside the house:

Later on it was time for hime to discover his new home and the garden, he fell into the pond already but he didn't seem to care:

Bas and Floor looked at it from a save distance (you can see the back of Floor between the plants next to Bas):

And today it was time to listen to some great music, he prefered Johnny Cash ''Sundaymorning coming down":
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

Oh, he's so darn cute! Congratulations on a very successful homecoming! Looking forward to pictures and stories...
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

Ohh, sooooooo cute!!!! Congrats on the new addition! All the best with everything and keep the pics coming. Puppies are just the cutest things, eh?
Sue (and Sugar)

Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Good taste Joep, Johnny Cash rules 8-)
Jan
Training Dog

Post by Jan »

Showtime:

Posing Joep:

Posing Bas:

Posing Floor ("I hate this, it's way below my dignity!!!! How do I get out of this embarrassing situation???):

leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

So, you guys really do wear wooden shoes? :D

(nice pics!)
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Jan
Training Dog

Post by Jan »

leih merigian wrote:So, you guys really do wear wooden shoes? :D

(nice pics!)
Yes, at least in the countryside we do, they are very comfortable. :lol:
Mind you, even the DS in The Netherlands do................................:

Translation of this newspapercomic:
''You can easily recognize the Dutch Sheperds''
''How do you mean?''
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

LOL those pics are soooo cute and funny of the Jeop in your lap then with Bas! What a size difference!
Sue (and Sugar)

Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Whaha, I have that comic cut out too Jan :dssmile:
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

My father wore his shoes which he brought from The Netherlands ( in the late 50's ) ... working around the yard, going to get the mail, etc...
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
Marjolein
Working Dog

Post by Marjolein »

icvanstra wrote:
My father wore his shoes which he brought from The Netherlands ( in the late 50's ) ... working around the yard, going to get the mail, etc...
:oops: I wear them too, for feeding the chickens, so I don't get chickensh*t on my good shoes :mrgreen:
Jan
Training Dog

Post by Jan »

Yesterday my wife took our two roughcoats out for a -short- walk and made some photo's which reminded us of the old situation when we also had two roughcoats one of which was Mike (who died on the 20th of june 2009):

The old situation, Mike and Floor:

And the present situation, wirth Floor and Joep:

We use this buggy for puppies because they are not allowed to make long walks, this way we can take them out together and it can also be used as a trailer on our bicycles:

Kristie E
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

Post by Kristie E »

I love the photos with young and old !!! MIke is absolutely beautiful, I am sorry for your loss. It is a good contrast with the old and the new!....
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
Jan
Training Dog

Post by Jan »

And all those ''parts'' make one beautiful puppy:

Libbyt
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Hi, I live in NC with my husband, daughter and son. With three Westies and 2 cats already in our family, we recently acquired a Dutch Shepherd as a service dog for our daughter, Sally.

Post by Libbyt »

I love your close up photos - you can see all his little wiry hairs starting to pop out! He is a darling puppy and I'm sure he will win over your adult dogs in no time! How could they resist??
Libby
Mom of Sally and her DS BFF, Sasha
Jan
Training Dog

Post by Jan »

Thanks! They become closer every day. :dswink"
Jan
Training Dog

Post by Jan »

Big ears but somehow he refuses to listen with them:
:dssmile: :dssmile: :dssmile: :dssmile: :dssmile:

leih merigian
Working Dog

Post by leih merigian »

He's so good in his bed! My puppy (even now at 11 months, alas) would tear up that sheet in a heartbeat!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser