RIP Leela

In remembrance of our lost friends
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

RIP Leela

Post by centrop67 »

Leela was not a Dutch Shepherd, but she was special in so many ways.

She was a bridge between my first (Radar) and my current (Mustang) Dutch Shepherds.

Leela didn't trust or like anyone. We used to joke that she barely tolerated us. It usually took several months of meeting friends or family that came over before she would even let them pet her.

But she was always ready for lovings from my wife and I. She thumped easy - sometimes with just a touch.

She knew to to sit directly in front of the fan while we sat on our back patio on hot summer days.

Radar and Mustang - both crazy in their own ways - would try to play with her. She seemed interested then quickly went off the deep end on them. She loved to chase them as they chased the ball - rarely snagging it for herself - I guess the chase was the thrill.

We're not sure what happened to her at 11 years old. She had three seizure-like episodes in the last month and a half, and I guess whatever was affecting her brain finally won.

She is at peace now, and I hope, waiting for me with Tequilla, Snickers, and Radar at the rainbow bridge.

Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
ICE
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have a 12 week old dutch shepherd that my trainer got for me to train in schutzhund. This is my 1st dutch shepherd, I have always had german shepherds. Currently, I have 4 dogs.

Re: RIP Leela

Post by ICE »

So very sorry for your loss. The hardest part of having a dog is losing them. :-(
Patty and Ice
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Thank you Patty.
Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

So sorry to hear, man. How is mustang doing?
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Thanks Tim.

Mustang is doing ok - I guess. He kind of lost his fetch drive, because there's no Leela to chase him.

We're looking at possibly adopting a Malinois puppy, but there's a lot of applicants for him.
Michael
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

En is getting old. I'm starting to think about the next dog.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor