My rescue girl.

Have a photo you want to share?
Cadmium
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I work as a concept designer for the entertainment industry in Los Angeles. I own a Dutch Shepherd rescue that has been loyal since the moment I met her.

My rescue girl.

Post by Cadmium »

I picked this girl up from one of the local GSD rescues, the second they brought her out to me she latched on and refused to leave me so of course I couldn't say no.

She's a pretty mellow girl but as time goes on she's getting more and more drive for balls and food, Still haven't found a good way to introduce tug to her
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: My rescue girl.

Post by Dutchringgirl »

awww, how sweet!!! Sadie picked up tugging naturally but its the "out" that took a bit of work. Im sure you guys will have alot of fun!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Lauren
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Post by Lauren »

So great that you two found each other! She is a beauty! "mellow" Dutch shepherd? I didn't know they made those!!!
Lauren from Western NC
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Post by Raven »

She's a beauty...and nice that you sought out a dog to adopt. (From the eyes up, she kind of reminds me of Kelly's Koenig (?) )

More pictures are necessary, of course.

Did the rescue know what she was??? They often don't....
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!

Post by alspyce »

Pretty girl!! Be careful with the Tennis Balls, they can choke to death. :eew: :huh: :eek:
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Welcome to the forum!

What a beautiful girl :wtg: I have a rescue DS as well. The first month is what they call the "honeymoon" phase. Like they try to be extra well behaved, not to screw things up and end up in the shelter again. When they wiggled themselves into our hearts and feel safe that the "return period" is over, they "let the hair down" and show their wild personality. :mrgreen: :lol: :dschick:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Jan
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.

Post by Jan »

She looks really sweet to me.
cake73
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.

Post by cake73 »

Congrats on finding each other! She's beautiful.

I have two rescued DS and both have remained mellow.
Cheryl in MA, with rescued DS
Kaya, adopted January 2006 (over the bridge, September 2014)
Marley, adopted February 2008
Minnie, adopted March 2015

North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue
Cadmium
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I work as a concept designer for the entertainment industry in Los Angeles. I own a Dutch Shepherd rescue that has been loyal since the moment I met her.

Post by Cadmium »

Thanks guys! she's been a joy the first month or two of having her was the hardest, she didn't know anything now we're going for intermediate obedience and starting some local nosework classes.

as for the tennis balls they lasted maybe the 15 min then I had to take them from her good thing for those indestructible kong balls.

We went backpacking for 4 days in the backcountry, It was awesome to see her run around and try to catch chipmunks
She was growling at something all night.
and finally sleeping
Jan
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.

Post by Jan »

Really great to read how she reacts etc. What a fine looking dog.
What are chipmunks by the way?
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Jannumbernext wrote:What are chipmunks by the way?
they are an adorable little creature whos lifes mission is to fit as many nuts into their mouths at once, and run from the dutchies
Just had to add this one,
Just had to add this one,
b-471318-Excited_chipmunk_.jpg (37.2 KiB) Viewed 2455 times
Attachments
Chipmunk.jpg
Chipmunk.jpg (159.96 KiB) Viewed 2455 times
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Jan
Training Dog

Post by Jan »

Dutchringgirl wrote:
Jannumbernext wrote:What are chipmunks by the way?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

nice looking dog!!

She's not trying to catch chipmunks, she is trying to talk to fellow brindled creatures! :dssmile: