Xena is 4 months old!

Have a photo you want to share?
Lauren
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Xena is 4 months old!

Post by Lauren »

Here is my big girl with two of the rebel rousers.
Here is my big girl with two of the rebel rousers.
IMG_0661.jpg (54.39 KiB) Viewed 1605 times
I'm not sure I would be so casual with Shen Mau staring me down like that.
I'm not sure I would be so casual with Shen Mau staring me down like that.
IMG_0662.jpg (50.86 KiB) Viewed 1605 times
This month has brought lots of new experiences to Miss Xena. She almost broke her leg re-calling to my husband. She flies at us when we call her, but doesn't slow down when she gets to us. I think she gets a kick out of almost knocking us down. Well, she hit Stan, then hit the ground screaming. :o She couldn't walk for a bit, then finally shook it off. It did teach her to slow up a bit before she reaches us.

She also caught my favorite chicken a few times. :shock: My husband thought that it was time to trust her off lead with my free range hens.. I disagreed (I'm thinking at least 2 years before I can trust her with that.) Well, indeed, she was doing great. Walking right past them with me heading to the front of the house. Just then I hear Frannie squalking and flying and there is my INDOOR Siamese Flying down the hill after her making noises that only a big ole siamese can...THIS proved to be a bit too much for Miss Xena. I caught Shen Mau and then pulled Xena off of Frannie. Thank goodness she just sat on her and pulled feathers and didn't do any real damage. The next time, Frannie had not put herself in the coop at night with the rest of the girls and I didn't know it and went out with Xena off leash. Same result, pulled feathers. :dschick:

And the third thing she started doing was jumping on the trampoline. She LOVES it! :dsshock: She pounces around like a little bucking bronco. She can't get much air yet, but she sure has a good time and is so fun to watch. The only problem is when she is done, she leaps into your arms whether you are ready or not.

She is now 24.5 lbs! So I am hoping to only hit the 50lb mark when she is grown...
Lauren from Western NC
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: Xena is 4 months old!

Post by Raven »

Shen Mau speaks volumes in her silence. It's very clear the thoughts she has. Poor Xena...poor trusting, blissful little pup....
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

What a pretty girl!!! Glad she is okay after her recall.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

Very cute pics.
Funny story about the trampoline jumping.
Nail biter about the chickens/siamese. Poor Frannie!!
Sue (and Sugar)

Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

whaha, nice stories, nice pics!
I have a chicken fanatic... she cannot be trusted with them, now 4 years old :dschick: