"I'm from Holland...isn't that veird?"

Have a photo you want to share?
Flying Dutchman
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I have five dogs: Alex, a chow mix who is now about 14, and four Dutch shepherds (all rescued DS): Ku (Hawaiian God of War), Kane (sounds like "Kahnay"; Hawaiian God of the Sun), Kanaloa (Hawaiian God of the Sea) and Kapua (Hawaiian gods of mischief - the Mischief Makers). Alex is our cheerleader and keeps the 4 DS in line. Three of the DS currently compete in DockDogs and we are trying to convince Lo that water is not evil. Our team name is Hawaiian by Heart which comes from the old joke by my husband that he is "Dutch by blood, Hawaiian by Heart." Our main goal is to promote having fun with your dog (and by doing so becoming partners) and supporting the rescue of the wonderful animals out there in need of homes.

We lost our big lady, Kelley, in May 2012 to cancer and she joins several other angel dogs who are now watching over us.

"I'm from Holland...isn't that veird?"

Post by Flying Dutchman »

I figured I'd start a thread of pictures of Ku since I love photography and he's a pretty nice subject. So here is a random assortment of photos that I'll continue to add to. Enjoy!

Looking handsome

Playing in the snow. He LOVES the snow.

My what a big tongue you have...

Jumping in Vegas with John

Hiking with his half brother, Tonka. They kind of just tolerate each other. ;)

Ku and I at his first ever DockDogs competition in Cheyenne, WY. He got second place in the Semi-Pro Finals.

Halloween embarassment

Ku with his brother Alex on Halloween. They hate me.

One of my most favorite photos of him to date taken by my friend when we were in Vegas.
Heather
Denver, Colorado
The Dutch Army: Ku, Kane ("Kahnay"), Kanaloa and Kapua
Their General: Alex
Angels: Kelley, Gryphon, & Casey
http://www.rockymountaindockdogs.com

Be Your Dog's Hero. Support http://www.chaseawayk9cancer.org

http://dutchshepherdrescue.org/
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: "I'm from Holland...isn't that veird?"

Post by icvanstra »

keep them coming!
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
Lauren
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Post by Lauren »

What great shots! he is amazing!!!! He must love you very much to wear that outfit. You can tell that he has the burnt toast look when he is hiking with his brother.... :dsangry:
Lauren from Western NC
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Wow! And that last one is powerful!
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

Great pics!! Love it!
Sue (and Sugar)

GSDNanny
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Post by GSDNanny »

I absolutely love the power captured in the photo of him jumping in Vegas!! Are you suuuuurrre that he likes snow? :lol: Has the same look on his face as in the (in)tolerant look with his half-bro, Tonka. He definitely has facial expressions that you can read easily.

Now we talk about ears on here a lot, jokingly, and this boy definitely was blessed with an abundance. You think his 'loft or lift' has anything to do with the ears!?!? :dsrazz: :mrgreen:

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
Flying Dutchman
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I have five dogs: Alex, a chow mix who is now about 14, and four Dutch shepherds (all rescued DS): Ku (Hawaiian God of War), Kane (sounds like "Kahnay"; Hawaiian God of the Sun), Kanaloa (Hawaiian God of the Sea) and Kapua (Hawaiian gods of mischief - the Mischief Makers). Alex is our cheerleader and keeps the 4 DS in line. Three of the DS currently compete in DockDogs and we are trying to convince Lo that water is not evil. Our team name is Hawaiian by Heart which comes from the old joke by my husband that he is "Dutch by blood, Hawaiian by Heart." Our main goal is to promote having fun with your dog (and by doing so becoming partners) and supporting the rescue of the wonderful animals out there in need of homes.

We lost our big lady, Kelley, in May 2012 to cancer and she joins several other angel dogs who are now watching over us.

Are you suuuuurrre that he likes snow? Has the same look on his face as in the (in)tolerant look with his half-bro, Tonka. He definitely has facial expressions that you can read easily.

Now we talk about ears on here a lot, jokingly, and this boy definitely was blessed with an abundance. You think his 'loft or lift' has anything to do with the ears!?!?
I think the look in the snow was his intolerance with the fact that I was making him sit still and not throwing the toy!

And his ears are a constant topic of conversation with people. I can only imagine what he looked like as a puppy! And I can only hope they help his lift. :D

Thanks for the kind words. We think he's pretty fabulous and he sure is a lot of fun.

Heather
Denver, Colorado

kchristy
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)

Post by kchristy »

So handsome :)
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

He is quite athletic! Flying Dutchman is right.
Other than that, I have been staring at his makings. I see a hint of black and tan area's on him. He is a nice example of a genetic transition. (between alleles on a locus) Cool. I may ask you some day, if I can use a picture of him as an illustration. :)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Flying Dutchman
Puppy

He is a nice example of a genetic transition. (between alleles on a locus) Cool. I may ask you some day, if I can use a picture of him as an illustration.
We would be honored!
Heather
Denver, Colorado

Flying Dutchman
Puppy

A couple more pics to add. Snowy and cold here lately but it's never too cold to play some ball! Ku just loves his Luna ball which is one of the best dog toys ever.

We have a fun time having him "place" on different objects and he thought he was pretty Hot Stuff on this bulldozer

And to show you just how quickly the weather changes here, last weekend it was almost 70 and we were doing some training at the park.

Hope everyone is having a good week!
Heather
Denver, Colorado

kchristy
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)

Post by kchristy »

Love the pictures :) He is so handsome
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

Thanks for sharing!
Sue (and Sugar)

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Love the pictures!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Flying Dutchman wrote: Image
Your photo reminded me of this photo. But then I made this post and changed my mind. (That's my Ciana.)

Flying Dutchman
Puppy

Your photo reminded me of this photo. But then I made this post and changed my mind. (That's my Ciana.)
Oh I see a similarity...especially with the ears!
Heather
Denver, Colorado