Hello from Arkansas

For our new members to introduce themselves
Moonbeam13
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I am interested in a dutch shepherd for search and rescue. I am looking to learn more before taking the plunge.

Hello from Arkansas

Post by Moonbeam13 »

I am new to dutch shepherds but not new to working dogs. I am heavily involved in search and rescue and have trained several search dogs. I have had german shepherds and recently lost my german shepherd search dog in a tragic accident. She was a really great dog and as I was looking for another german shepherd I was having difficulty finding just what I wanted at a price I could afford. I wanted a good solid, intelligent, confident, athletic working dog... NO roach backs, NO squatty over angulated dogs. A fellow search dog handler I know suggested I should try a dutch shepherd. She had german shepherds also and switched to dutch shepherds. I did some research and gave myself a crash course in dutch shepherds, their history, etc. So, I am looking for a female pup now.

Lynn Powell, RN, BSN, NASAR SAR Tech I, MLPI, SAR K9 Handler

In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human.
The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog.
Edward Hoagland, Dogs and the Tug of Life
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: Hello from Arkansas

Post by icvanstra »

Welcome to the list.

There are breeders who are members on the forum.

eric
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
Moonbeam13
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I am interested in a dutch shepherd for search and rescue. I am looking to learn more before taking the plunge.

Post by Moonbeam13 »

Maybe if there are some within driving distance of Arkansas, they can let me know if they have any female puppies.
turnnburn52984
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Lifelong animal person- I professionally trained horses before my children were born. New to DS's, but not new to high drive working dogs. :) Currently have a 1 1/2 yr old DS, Koenig, and a 2 yr old English Pointer Sara. They are both rescues. Oh yes, I work at a multi species non-profit animal rescue, on Bainbridge Island, WA

Want to know anything else, just ask!

Post by turnnburn52984 »

Welcome! I am new to DS's as well, have my fist guy now. We'd love to get our Pointer into SAR work, I'm just not sure she's got the focus for it. Only time will tell!
Kelly
Koenig