Meet Madix

For our new members to introduce themselves
FG167
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am/have been involved in Dock Jumping, Agility, Rally, Tracking, Flyball and Search and Rescue and Schutzhund :-)

Meet Madix

Post by FG167 »

Hello!

I'm new here. I have an 8 month old Dutch Shepherd puppy named Madix. We've done a little dock jumping and are training for agility and flyball and I am hoping to also do rally and obedience with him. He's the smartest dog I've had and while he is a sweet, cuddly pup he is very active so we do a lot of fun games to work his mind and body.

Falon

icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: Meet Madix

Post by icvanstra »

How is the dock jumping working out with Madix?

Is something you have done with other dogs? Kind of curious how well represented the DS is on this sport.

eric
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
FG167
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am/have been involved in Dock Jumping, Agility, Rally, Tracking, Flyball and Search and Rescue and Schutzhund :-)

Post by FG167 »

He wasn't too terribly thrilled with it last time, but he was barely 6 months old and it was his first time jumping off any kind of dock into the water. I am bringing him to a couple more events coming up and hope to see him become more comfortable. He flew right off when I had one of my labs go after his toy in front of him lol. Now I just have to convince him he can do it on his own :lol: I've only ever seen one Dutch Shepherd at a dock jumping event. Usually several Mal's at events though.
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

Well....if the Mal's are doing it then I'm the Dutch Shepherds can do it better! :mrgreen:
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)