New here in Southern Illinois

For our new members to introduce themselves
Poston
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: New owner of a possible Dutch shepherd mix

New here in Southern Illinois

Post by Poston »

I just got this guy. I think he's part Shepherd, part Husky, and part Tasmanian Devil. LOL
Attachments
IMG_0561.JPG
IMG_0561.JPG (99.35 KiB) Viewed 2004 times
....randy....
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: New here in Southern Illinois

Post by centrop67 »

Welcome to the forum.

Your dog is gorgeous, but other than the brindle, there doesn't seem to be much to indicate there's any DS in there.

The Husky part seems like a real possibility, but the rest is probably just a guess by anyone.

There's a post here about all the different brindle breeds you can check out if you want to see other possibilities.

It also seems like the Huskies have similar behavior to a DS. They are independent, strong willed, and need lots of mental and physical stimulation. It probably wouldn't hurt to lurk around this site to get some ideas on what you might be in for with your new dog.

BTW - the Dutch Shepherd is not in any of the genetic databases, so the DNA test will not reveal a DS in any event.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Duke
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Healthy, happy, energetic, and super social.

Re: New here in Southern Illinois

Post by Duke »

Come up to Chicago area, get him and my boy to play!