Dixie Cup, the newest addition

For our new members to introduce themselves
loraclare
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Fiber artist, with a penchant for high energy rescues.

Dixie Cup, the newest addition

Post by loraclare »

Hi, everyone. I'm Lora, a slightly bonkers dog owner who actually wants the high energy dogs ;) I lost my sweet pibble, Bella, near the beginning of the year to a poisoning (police have a report filed and haven't done anything about it yet... which I get, as much as it saddens me). It was incredibly rough on me, and on the rest of my pack. My partner, Ty, had encouraged me to look at finding another "just me" dog to join me on trail runs and camping trips. I'll admit, I'm partial to the big lug headed pibble type dogs. Hard headed, stubborn, strong, but very loyal and wanting to please.

Well, this sweetheart came up. She was found wandering around downtown! A couple clients from work found her, contacted a local dog rescue, and voila! We found each other! She's only come home today, and she's already fitting herself in very well. There haven't been any issues with the 3 huskies in the house (2 females, 1 male) or with breaking her attention and interest in the ferrets, rats, and cats. She actually seems to be a little frightened of the old boy cat!

http://www.dutchshepherdforum.com/downl ... 848aea6fa0

The way that she is shaped, all sleek muscle, and the way that she herds, the rescue thinks that she's a Dutch Shepherd. A mix, at the very least. She's very food motivated, and very eager to follow me around. She already checks in on me all the time. The only command she knows is "sit" so I definitely have my work cut out for me! I love how the markings on her face make it looks like she's really wrinkly :)
Attachments
KIMG0483.JPG
KIMG0483.JPG (880.17 KiB) Viewed 1715 times
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Re: Dixie Cup, the newest addition

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

*pitbull

And I don't see dutch shepherd in her... she's brindle and has pointy ears that's about it... there aren't enough Dutchies out there making puppies for all these "mixes" shelters rescues and so on say that cause it looks similar to makes it sound cool... what you have is an Akita mix (most likely Akita x pitbull)
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Dixie Cup, the newest addition

Post by Dutchringgirl »

she is a pitbull

No DS. I agree with steve that there are not that many DS out there making babies. Wonderful though that she has a home. She will love camping and hiking
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage