Hello from Kaia!

For our new members to introduce themselves
KaiasMommy
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: My husband and I are first time Dutch Shepherd owners (first puppy at all). Her name is Kaia and she is 5 months old. Born 9/19/18. She is fully of energy and feisty but can be very sweet when she wants to be!

Hello from Kaia!

Post by KaiasMommy »

The attachment B0C3A134-D667-4739-B1EB-D74F49596012.jpeg is no longer available
Hi! My name is Michelle and my husband’s name is Chris. We are in our late 20s and Kaia is our 5 month old Dutch Shepherd. (Born April 19, 2018) She is our first dog together and we do not have any children yet. My husband did a ton of research on dogs before we landed on getting a DS. We were looking for a dog that would be good for a few things: protection, active and good with a family. We thought we knew what we were getting into and did tons of research before and after putting down our deposit. But boy, I don’t know that we could have been prepared enough. Haha. She is an amazingly smart and beautiful dog. She picked up on her basic training very quickly and quickly figured out all of her “difficult” puzzle toys. The beginning was hard but as time goes on it gets better and better. We know that a lot of the challenges (biting, mouthing, barking, etc) are all normal puppy/DS behaviors and we are working with her every day. Each day gets better and better. We absolutely love our Kaia and wouldn’t trade her for anything!
Attachments
B0C3A134-D667-4739-B1EB-D74F49596012.jpeg
B0C3A134-D667-4739-B1EB-D74F49596012.jpeg (1.55 MiB) Viewed 1256 times
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Re: Hello from Kaia!

Post by borellar15 »

Welcome to the forum. As any of us will suggest a good trainer, specifically one that has experience with working dogs is essential in dealing with any DS behaviors. Enjoy your pupper!
Image Image
Alex - Zoey(DS), Henry (DS), Tripper Lab mix. Austin, Texas