New Mid-West Member

For our new members to introduce themselves
dogsavvy
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I grew up in a family who raised working Dobermans. I trained professionally for the public & dogs with jobs. I got my first Dutch Shepherd cross & look forward to learning.

New Mid-West Member

Post by dogsavvy »

Hello!

My name is Robin. I'm a new owner of a Mal x Dutch Shepherd pup.

I have a background in working dogs. I grew up with some really hard, gritty working Dobermans & never grew out of the habit of having good working dogs to work beside me on the farm & to guard me & the house/farm/livestock. I married a military man & while he was away the dogs & I took care of things together. I also trained dogs professionally as well. Worked with a lot of different breeds in a lot of different jobs. Enjoyed most of it.

My current guardian is a very good Giant Schnauzer. She's 77 pounds of fierceness but she's getting older & it's time to bring on a pup to help her. The Giant earned her stripes in AZ where the police liked her but the dope-head thieves did not. (North West AZ was an interesting place. The sheriff's dept really respects the use of dogs to aid in keeping property from being stolen or harm coming to you. I wish every state was like that.) The new puppy is so new she doesn't yet have a name :eek: but for one so small, she's already telling people off. And is getting told off by the Chihuahuas of our house. Finding her to be pretty smart as she amends her play & behavior to the older dog she's dealing with & learns from them quickly. It's a lovely start. I wanted to join here because I am sure I can learn a lot from the experiences of others where this breed is concerned.

Have a great day!
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Re: New Mid-West Member

Post by borellar15 »

Welcome to the forum! Can’t wait to see pics of the lil pupper!
Image Image
Alex - Zoey(DS), Henry (DS), Tripper Lab mix. Austin, Texas
dogsavvy
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I grew up in a family who raised working Dobermans. I trained professionally for the public & dogs with jobs. I got my first Dutch Shepherd cross & look forward to learning.

Re: New Mid-West Member

Post by dogsavvy »

Thank you. If it will ever stop raining. I'll get pictures & add them :)