Hello!

For our new members to introduce themselves
NickLA
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Long time dog owner - hopefully soon to be Dutch Shepherd Owner!

Hello!

Post by NickLA »

Hello!

My name is Nick and I've been lurking around on here for months. You all are a wealth of knowledge! My gf and I have done the research, weighed the level of effort/involvement required for the breed and are excited to welcome a female pup from the latest Les Flores litter to our home in the upcoming weeks.

We've been working with Les to find the pup that best fits our goals (advanced agility/obediance) and lifestyle (we have a cat :shock: ), but know a personality fit is never guaranteed - we are ready to roll with the punches.

I've always been drawn to the intensity of the breed and can't wait to meet our little girl.

I look forward to sharing our challenges and successes with you all!
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Hello!

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Welcome !!!! cant wait to see pictures ! This breed will surprise you, with good training the cat could stay alive :DSangel: Sadie surprised me when I took her to my friends house for a week. My friend has a rabbit, a few cats, guinea pigs and a bunch of pugs. Sadie was laying on the couch and the cat walked right behind her on the top of the couch and sadie didn't care. The rabbit jumped over Sadie once when Sadie was laying on the floor.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

NickLA wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:56 pm Hello!

My name is Nick and I've been lurking around on here for months. You all are a wealth of knowledge! My gf and I have done the research, weighed the level of effort/involvement required for the breed and are excited to welcome a female pup from the latest Les Flores litter to our home in the upcoming weeks.

We've been working with Les to find the pup that best fits our goals (advanced agility/obediance) and lifestyle (we have a cat :shock: ), but know a personality fit is never guaranteed - we are ready to roll with the punches.

I've always been drawn to the intensity of the breed and can't wait to meet our little girl.

I look forward to sharing our challenges and successes with you all!
Les is awesome and very knowledgeable nice choice in breeders
NickLA
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Long time dog owner - hopefully soon to be Dutch Shepherd Owner!

Post by NickLA »

Update: we pick our little girl up Friday morning! I promise pics to follow shortly after.
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

NickLA wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:34 pm Update: we pick our little girl up Friday morning! I promise pics to follow shortly after.
Pictures are mandatory !
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: This is my first Dutchie. I’ve trained field trial labs and a Malinois in IPO. Lost my Mal to cancer at age 11 and wasn’t really looking for a pup yet.
I got a call from my old training director letting me know he had just the pup for me: A Dutchie...
It just sort of happened and now I have a brindle Fur Missile living with me. His name is Jaguar; Jag for short.

Post by Brindle Lake Dog »

Hey there Nick, I have her litter mate. :wtg:

Which colored collar girl did you get? My boy was black collar boy aka Jaguar.
NickLA
Just Whelped

Post by NickLA »

Awesome! I was hoping to "meet" some litter mates here.

We got the purple collar aka Jade. She's been a pistol, but very affectionate and sweet (which is what we wanted). Did you get to meet her or any of the other dogs?

I just looked at your post and holy cow, your boy is a brut compared to our little girl!
Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: This is my first Dutchie. I’ve trained field trial labs and a Malinois in IPO. Lost my Mal to cancer at age 11 and wasn’t really looking for a pup yet.
I got a call from my old training director letting me know he had just the pup for me: A Dutchie...
It just sort of happened and now I have a brindle Fur Missile living with me. His name is Jaguar; Jag for short.

Post by Brindle Lake Dog »

I didn’t get a chance to meet any of the pups. I saw the videos he posted. I used to live in Washington and worked my Malinois with him at Cascade Shutzhund. I gave him a call just to chat and he said he had a pup that would fit me perfectly. I bought Jaguar on total faith and trust with Les.

Jag has been a REAL Firecracker for sure. I almost switched his name to Bullet when on day 4 he launched off the back patio 3 feet in the air and pile driver into the snow and then looked up with his face covered in snow with a look of “What!!!!???” :whistle: :yernuts: It’s been a hoot so far. I’m really excited to get him out exploring more once he gets all of his shots.

Can’t wait to see pics of your little girl :wtg:
Laplaiefier
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are a good reflection of their owners?
LOL I must be hardheaded and stubborn.
I guess before and after results with dogs tend to show the effort put into them.

Post by Laplaiefier »

I hear that. We named our Rocket. Out of anyones control once launched.
:D