For our new members to introduce themselves
Missouri2021
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Family of 5 with puppy

Regretfully Looking for a New Home for 12w Old DS

Post by Missouri2021 »

6DDCC6E7-4409-41EC-B759-2C2805D7AD58.jpeg
6DDCC6E7-4409-41EC-B759-2C2805D7AD58.jpeg (2.17 MiB) Viewed 1212 times
My apologies if the is inappropriate, but my family recently purchased a 12 week old ds from a breeder and have come to the conclusion that we are unable to adequately raise and train her. Aside from the tremendous guilt it has caused us to do so, we are looking for a good home for her to end up in.

She has has all her necessary vaccinations up to this point and has received a clean bill of health from two vets in the last week. Additionally, we have not had any violent incidents with her to believe she is a safety risk. With three children at home under 5, we simply make a mistake in taking her in and believing we have the energy and time to keep up with her.

If anyone on this forum is interested in taking her into their home as a permanent residence, we live in Missouri and I would be more than happy to drive part or the full way to help find her a good new home. I am not looking for any money and am willing to pass along all paperwork we received from the breeder and vets, as well as all our food and supplies we have purchased up to this point.

Please respond to this post or message me if you are interested and want more information or have a recommendation for other avenues to find her a good home. Thank you.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Re: Regretfully Looking for a New Home for 12w Old DS

Post by ladyjubilee »

You might check with your breeder to see if they can take her.

The North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue (www.dutchshepherdrescue.org) or Malinois Dutch Shepherd Rescue (www.madrescueinc.org) may help find a qualified family.

Finally, you might check with local professional K9 trainers to see if they know someone who is prepared to have a great pup like her.

I would offer, but we are too far away and maxed out on doggies :)
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

I also wanted to add that this month is Tongue Out photo theme. Maybe having her photo in the contest would get more eyes on her.
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Ditto reaching out to local trainers!!! Just start off with a simple Google search for dog trainers in your area and start reaching out to them. I would bet in short order you'd find someone that's interested and has the appropriate time and knowledge!
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
ICE
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have a 12 week old dutch shepherd that my trainer got for me to train in schutzhund. This is my 1st dutch shepherd, I have always had german shepherds. Currently, I have 4 dogs.

Post by ICE »

What breeder is she from?
Patty and Ice
ZZdutchie
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Zeus and Ziva were born Oct. 12,2020. We decided to get a Dutch Shepherd for Christmas and we ended up with litter mates. We are aware of the challenges that may come with litter mates but are working to give them independence. We also have an almost 3 yr old lab/border collie mix, Bailey.

Post by ZZdutchie »

Did you find a home?
Mark77
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Own a Mal and a Dutchie.

Post by Mark77 »

Any updates on this situation? She's a cute puppy.