Trainer recommendations?

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
seross531
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Living in LA with my dutchie Kane :)

Trainer recommendations?

Post by seross531 »

Hi everyone! After about a year of research and hopeful wishing, my dreams finally came true when I was able to finally adopt my first dutchie named Kane. I was lucky enough to find and adopt him when he was 7 weeks old and is now 17 weeks! (boy how time flies!) I am in search of a trainer in the Los Angeles, CA area and am hoping that one of you may have a recommendation. It would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Trainer recommendations?

Post by Dutchringgirl »

steve may know of one. He has been busy, maybe PM him. Just make sure they really know this breed and work with them regularly.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

One thing you might try is finding a working dog club and ask around among the members.

I mean a local club.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

There is one in Orange County tgat I think is great. If interested I can give you more information
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
seross531
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Living in LA with my dutchie Kane :)

Post by seross531 »

Thank you all for the recommendations!
Tennessee3
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Nicholas or Nick, doesn't matter to me.

Post by Tennessee3 »

I’d definitely second going out to club day and asking for trainer recommendations, as has been touched on the last thing you need is Petco or “all positive”. That’s for low drive and/or soft pet dogs, it just flat doesn’t work for working breeds especially ones still true to intention like Dutchies.

I would however also recommend you do a google search for Schutzhund (IPO or IGP all mean the same thing)/French Ring/ Mondio Ring etc. And read up on the different options and their backgrounds and email them trust me this’ll help having found my trainer this way (whom I can’t say enough good things about, she’s absolutely awesome. Better than I could have hoped for).

Digression aside, trust me some of the responses you’ll get will weed some people out right off the bat. Whole lotta ego, pretension, and just flat weird people who make animals their career. Fortunately, living in SoCal you’ll have a ton of options.
Nicholas

Millie WLGSD in training for Schutzhund 5/27/17 & Grendel KNPV lines Malinois same + PP work 2/15/18

...... Mals are tan dutchies, right?

https://www.instagram.com/nick_millie_and_grendel/