8 week old DS

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Andrew43
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Thinking about getting a DS. I have a German Shepherd, black lab, and a little mut.

8 week old DS

Post by Andrew43 »

I have a 8 week old DS puppy that we’ve had for a week. He came from an excellent bloodline and I have all the papers on him. So he is definitely a purebred. I have been working with him and starting to know basic commands. But I can only work him for about 10minutes a day. Other than that he is lazy and will play with the other dogs for a few and lay down for long periods of time. Was this normal for any of your young puppies? Thank you!
Last edited by Andrew43 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jay knowles
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: New owners,also own a English Bull Terrier

Re: 8 week old DS

Post by Jay knowles »

Young pups in my experience generally have a short attention span.
Andrew43
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Thinking about getting a DS. I have a German Shepherd, black lab, and a little mut.

Post by Andrew43 »

Makes sense. My lab when he was a puppy, I felt he had a lot of engergy. Also, he had and still does have a fire hose for urination. One thing I don’t miss and appreciate my DS isn’t like him. Lol
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Post by borellar15 »

Just puppy naps. Enjoy the puppy naps while you can....
Image Image
Alex - Zoey(DS), Henry (DS), Tripper Lab mix. Austin, Texas
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

My girl was a hard charger from day one. I think they just all have different personalities.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG