Dutchie VS Belgian Mali

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
DutchMaster
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Looking to purchase a Dutch Shepard and gaining information on this website

Dutchie VS Belgian Mali

Post by DutchMaster »

What is the size difference between these two breeds (DS vs BM). Also I have seen a ton of videos on the agility of the Belgian Malinois. How does a Dutch Shepherd compare in agility (being able to jump over things and climb?) Thanks in advance!
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Dutchie VS Belgian Mali

Post by Dutchringgirl »

They are basically the same dog. My Thalie could scale the big wall with the best of them. We also did Agility and she kept up with the other speed demons.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

It all depends on the dog... the breeds are very similar in conformation and ability to move.. it's more on the temperament and drive of the individual dog you are looking for
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Steve Gossmeyer wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:40 pm It all depends on the dog... the breeds are very similar in conformation and ability to move.. it's more on the temperament and drive of the individual dog you are looking for
True as well. I had two DS, Thalie was very very quiet but was a Ninja and Sadie is .........well, Lets say I have a lot of :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint:
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
DutchMaster
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Looking to purchase a Dutch Shepard and gaining information on this website

Post by DutchMaster »

Wow great thanks for the awesome replies!