Raw Food

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
sysyphus
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Foxy

Raw Food

Post by sysyphus »

Who feeds raw and if you do what? Foxy has been eating raw since about 6 months old. Just curious.
Hunter 8
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I'n just a potential Dutch Shepherd owner.
In meanwhile a current owner of a great Dutchie with a very impressive pedigree.

Re: Raw Food

Post by Hunter 8 »

Hi, Czar eats raw since 12 weeks old. He is 3 now and is in perfect shape. Base of the diet is venison, wild boar meat , fish, poultry but it should be a real variety including all organs and unusual for human consumption parts (like stomach with some content, brain , eyes ets...) in order to supply all healthy nutritional ingredients. He would eat whole small fish or a quail when is an opportunity for example. A lot of small bones and joints. Tuna or shark carcasses are super good.
Jay knowles
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: New owners,also own a English Bull Terrier

Post by Jay knowles »

Pepsi has been on raw since about 9 weeks. I give her all manner of stuff with bones. Normally give her handful of kibble as well for any missing vitamins. Also buy alot of green tripe and various minced with ground bone. She is not keen on vegetables. Jay
sysyphus
Green Dog

Post by sysyphus »

Good stuff. Foxy loves her some green tripe.
sysyphus
Green Dog

Post by sysyphus »

Hunter 8 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:32 am Hi, Czar eats raw since 12 weeks old. He is 3 now and is in perfect shape. Base of the diet is venison, wild boar meat , fish, poultry but it should be a real variety including all organs and unusual for human consumption parts (like stomach with some content, brain , eyes ets...) in order to supply all healthy nutritional ingredients. He would eat whole small fish or a quail when is an opportunity for example. A lot of small bones and joints. Tuna or shark carcasses are super good.
Where do you get shark?
Hunter 8
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I'n just a potential Dutch Shepherd owner.
In meanwhile a current owner of a great Dutchie with a very impressive pedigree.

Post by Hunter 8 »

Sharks and tuna - from the ocean... He grown on quail eggs and salmon eggs ( Best available quality fish oil - what makes him that smart :) , forgot to mention it is about 10-15 % fruits , vegetables and greens. I cut it fresh every day twice a day before my breakfast and dinner. Also grains and nuts with all fiber is good and necessary addition. We do not know what is allergy...
sysyphus
Green Dog

Post by sysyphus »

Maybe next time I want to get her Kangaroo I'll make a quick to Oz.
Brindle Lake Dog
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: This is my first Dutchie. I’ve trained field trial labs and a Malinois in IPO. Lost my Mal to cancer at age 11 and wasn’t really looking for a pup yet.
I got a call from my old training director letting me know he had just the pup for me: A Dutchie...
It just sort of happened and now I have a brindle Fur Missile living with me. His name is Jaguar; Jag for short.

Post by Brindle Lake Dog »

Jaguar is also on a partial raw diet. I give him kibble in the morning and a raw meal in the evenings. Venison, turkey, pork, beef, chicken ...you get the picture.

There is a butcher near me that sells all manner of organ meats and bone in products.

I find that keeping him on a partial kibble diet makes it much more pleasant when we are camping or hiking!

The kibble I feed is Sportdogfood Active series. He really enjoys it and the higher kcals keep him fueled up for adventuring. :wtg:
Susannah
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: 29 year old nurse. 2 year old dutch shepherd at home and iguana.

Post by Susannah »

Reindeer, salmon, bones, pork, horse, greens.

Everything i buy as packetes from local petstores fridge. They are Called maukas. Varietes To choose from, only Meat In those. Also u find liver, fat, etc.
Guality stuff and fairly cheap.