dog nail clippers

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

dog nail clippers

Post by Dutchringgirl »

What is a really good brand or style? I do not like the scissor style, and I just bought a guillotine type and its awful. What is a good brand or price range for a good pair?
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: dog nail clippers

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I can use a dremel on sadie but no way can I get it near my Basset hound, they are hard enough to cut nails LOL
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
montecarlogirl87
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: dogs, cats, fish, birds, horses, llamas... I've worked with them all :)

Post by montecarlogirl87 »

I had guillotine clippers with my old dogs, wasn't a huge fan... I've got a Conair set similar to these, they work alright for me, leaves a bit of a rough edge, but my backporch is concrete, so they smooth them off pretty quick just running around
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (13.54 KiB) Viewed 1151 times
Tareena and Shylah and Shota - Orlando, FL
Mark77
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Own a Mal and a Dutchie.

Post by Mark77 »

I use a tennis ball down the driveway or walk the dogs at the park tossing a tennis ball for them to chase across the walking trails. I have never once used nail clippers on any of mine, I don't even own a set to clip their nails. Their nails are always short because they just run on that concrete and it trims them up.