During the COVID-19 Pandemic

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: During the COVID-19 Pandemic

Post by centrop67 »

HAPPY DOG :wtg:

Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Tugging

Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

Looking good.
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Sorry I've not been on much in the past few weeks. Life is weird. I'm a carpenter in Maryland, and they've classified commercial and residential construction companies as "essential personnel"... So my work load has actually increased for the time being. There were a bunch of layoffs this week in the entire company, including 5 in my division.
Child care has been a source of anxiety. Endeavor is doing fine. Same old-same old. She's changed a little bit now that she's home alone. She follows me around way more than she used to. Max, my 8yr old, has been working with her a lot in the evenings while I'm getting dinner and the next day's lunches going.
I hope every one is well.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Yeah. Everything's a little different, and I am wondering if we'll ever get back to what was once normal.

I still have my job - working from home. The problem is I can't get away from it. Things I once left at the office have me now trying finish them late into the night.

Radar started something new this week. Not finishing his morning meal right away.

Happy to see people still reporting in on this thread. We can look back on this in the future as a reminder of what we had to do or endure during a unique period in our history.
Michael
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

I work from home now too, but set a firm rule to only work the hours I normally work. Then after I finish work we play education games and spend time as a family. I'm not as efficient at home working on a laptop compared to the office where I have 3 monitors, and ergonomic keyboard and desk set up, but it's the best I can do for the short hall. But having that clear cut off time helps me keep balance.

Especially since it looks like I'll be fostering again, "temporarily". ("Temporary" in foster terms means years or forever.)
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

We're enjoying amazing weather the last couple of days - 60 degree mornings with highs in the 80s. It's the kind of weather where I love to be out and about.

STUPID VIRUS!

Pic for attention...
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

One year ago today...

It would be nice to be able to re-create this, but they closed all the boat ramps here.

Michael
Mark77
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Own a Mal and a Dutchie.

Post by Mark77 »

centrop67 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:57 pm HAPPY DOG :wtg:

Your dog has a very friendly face. Looks meaner in your avatar photos than he does otherwise. I need to figure out how to post pics on here. I used to take photos and had a photobucket account but not sure what's going on with that.
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

centrop67 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:40 pm I need to figure out how to post pics on here. I used to take photos and had a photobucket account but not sure what's going on with that.
Unfortunatley, photobucket decided to block the photos from external sites. However, there are three ways to share photos on here now:

1. Copy/Paste - YES! You can simply use your phone or PC copy/paste functionality to place pictures in posts.

2. Imgur - That little button with the i will let you choose a photo from your phone or PC.

3. The standard attachment process that has always been here.

Full instructions are available in the FAQ threads. One last thing - there's a 3mb size limit still.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

It's been too quiet the past couple of days.

How is everyone doing?

How about your dogs?
Michael
Jay knowles
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: New owners,also own a English Bull Terrier

Post by Jay knowles »

Hi we are all fine in the UK. My family are all ok. Still can’t post any pics from my phone like I used to. Very strange. Jay
ladyjubilee
Training Dog

Post by ladyjubilee »

Unfortunately Bramble has either an abscess or cyst on her chest. It appeared suddenly. We have a vet appointment tomorrow.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog

Post by ladyjubilee »

We are going at 1. It looks much better now, as it isn't inflamed and has definitely shrunk. But I need to kne what it is to keep it from happening again.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog

Post by ladyjubilee »

The vet doesnt think it is anything major. She said it was probably a bug bite that Bramble scratched, then inflamed. But if it doesn't go away or I see another, they will have to biopsy to rule out cancer.
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Coconut oil
Michael
ladyjubilee
Training Dog

Post by ladyjubilee »

She recommended triple antibiotic ointment.
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

Endeavor has gone loopy again. She thinks her disgusting, vomit encrusted squeaky toys are her puppies. She's lactating and denning up. I'll be getting her some sort of spay this year
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

centrop67 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:45 pm I don't believe it's possible to transmit (or contract) the virus in this community, so I am encouraging a little extra communication here for several days.

You pick the topic - DS or not.

Do you have enough TP? :lol:

How does your DS feel about all this? :roll:

Pictures are encouraged. :wtg:

Stay safe everyone!

:DSangel:
My topic: during this time, who is getting more snacks? You or the DS?
I have enough TP. I still don’t understand the craze of that. We have supplies and food enough for months. We just now are breaking into our back up pack. Haven’t had to go out shopping for much.
The only thing that has changed for DS is that I have to work more so we sleep more during the day. Rouge likes to sleep with me.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG