What do people say....

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

What do people say....

Post by ladyjubilee »

When we are out and about with Bramble, she gets a lot of comments. My favorite was from a kid who said, "that is the most beautiful dog in the world!" Kid obviously has good tastes. Most recently a lady told me Bramble looks like a marble cake....and she was right.

Not with Bramble, but once we were out with my Dal and my mom's big guy. A couple approached us and the woman asked if she could pet. Before we could say yes, the guy pulled her arm back as, "That's one of those vicious dogs, he could tear your tear your arm off. I know about those dogs. He sure is pretty, but he shouldn't be out like this....what's name."

"ummmm, Snuggles."

So what have people said about your dogs?
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: What do people say....

Post by centrop67 »

Most people won't get close enough to Radar.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

Awww, kids are so cute.

I was totally shocked by how people avoid Bramble (until she's in her gear) after having the Dalmatians. The first time we took her out we prepared for his we'd handle "the line"....then not one kid came within 3 feet. With the Dals there was literally a line after the stampede to get to them. And the irony is that Bramble LOVES kids and totally wants every human's attention. One of my Dals was fear aggressive and the didn't really care for people. I doubt Bramble would ever bite a human unprovoked; but the spotty dogs I had to watch like a hawk.

Now, other dogs is a whole different story.
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
bradyma3
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Active owner with newly adopted Dutch shepherd approximately 3 years old.

Post by bradyma3 »

I get a lot of people who walk 10 feet away from rayas. It’s really sad because she loves the attention. She gets a lot of compliments but no one comes close enough to see her personality too. A lot of people also think she is some type of German shepherd mix even though she’s not. I think a lot of people just aren’t educated with the breed because they rarely see them.