Best "Trick"

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Best "Trick"

Post by ladyjubilee »

What is your dog's best "trick"?

Bramble's is pretty basic...she gives 'Kissies" on command. Makes my son giggle everytime.
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Best "Trick"

Post by centrop67 »

Radar has started to think for himself way too much lately. His favorite trick is to sit when I tell him to lay down and lay down when I tell him to sit.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

Bramble tried the same thing with me...didn't work with the trainer.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog

Post by ladyjubilee »

How old should a DS be before they start jumping? Bramble is at the point she jumps to get her tugs (she missed the other day and got my arm instead), but I've been leery of encouraging her.
kalinoodlesoup
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I live in Ontario, Canada with my mom, and our dog named Kali. We rescued Kali 2 years ago, and have no information about her life prior to us.

Post by kalinoodlesoup »

Kali's best trick is probably catching treats in her mouth. But my favourite trick is "bulletproof" which is when I shoot a finger gun at Kali and she ignores me. I find it much funnier than anyone else, but I live to entertain (myself).
Kalinoodlesoup ON Canada
ladyjubilee
Training Dog

Post by ladyjubilee »

I want to see videos of these tricks. Bramble likes to catch balls over chasing them. She'll jump (which I've discouraged until recently), flip, and roll to catch s ball.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog

Post by ladyjubilee »

Wow, I'd feel terrible if that happened to Bramble.
ICE
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have a 12 week old dutch shepherd that my trainer got for me to train in schutzhund. This is my 1st dutch shepherd, I have always had german shepherds. Currently, I have 4 dogs.

Post by ICE »

Tricks are one of my favorite things to teach. ICE can do most of the regular ones but I think his best ones are his handstand (on a wall - not free standing) and because he is so tall and I am so not.... he can weave between my legs - while we are both moving backwards. :-) That was really hard to teach and it is still not perfect but fun.
Patty and Ice
ICE
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have a 12 week old dutch shepherd that my trainer got for me to train in schutzhund. This is my 1st dutch shepherd, I have always had german shepherds. Currently, I have 4 dogs.

Post by ICE »

ladyjubilee wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:35 pm How old should a DS be before they start jumping? Bramble is at the point she jumps to get her tugs (she missed the other day and got my arm instead), but I've been leery of encouraging her.
I personally do not encourage the super high flying jumping. I try very hard to throw and offer toys to discourage the jumping. I feel it is too dangerous as most of our dogs would do anything to get the toy. I have claw marks in my yard from ICE going to get the thrown toy as he feels the need to stop on a dime to retrieve it.... He can't over run it and come back like my other "normal" dogs... LOL
Patty and Ice
ladyjubilee
Training Dog

Post by ladyjubilee »

Bramble does this little flip roll when she goes for a toy or ball that has landed....even when such extravagance is completely unnecessary.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog

Post by ladyjubilee »

Bramble practiced her jumping today.

Due to the restrictions, the humans had to wait in my mini van while Bramble had her heartworm shot. Apparently, the vet tech and I were talking too long as one moment Bramble was beside the vet tech beside the van. The next she was in my lap. The poor tech kept asking, "what just happened?" I told her this is life with a sort of Dutch Shepherd.

Oh and Bramble had to go back out for her listeria vaccine. So much for her effort.
sysyphus
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Foxy

Post by sysyphus »

Foxy is learning to stand and dance in a circle....mostly just standing and stumbling at the moment. Dance monkey dance.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog

Post by ladyjubilee »

We need videos
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

sysyphus wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:02 am Foxy is learning to stand and dance in a circle....mostly just standing and stumbling at the moment. Dance monkey dance.
Ha! Love it! :D :cheer:
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Mark77
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Own a Mal and a Dutchie.

Post by Mark77 »

I've reached a level with my dogs where I can have all three with me and give them individual commands per their name. That might not sound like that big of a deal to most here. However with three dogs doing three different commands off leash simultaneously- it's pretty neat.