Bramble's Progress

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Bramble's Progress

Post by ladyjubilee »

We've been working on Bramble taking and holding various items. She made steady progress, but still wouldn't take and hold a bottle. This session she finally got it. One of her tasks is retrieving my son's headphones when needed.

Then on our way out, I wasn't paying attention, looked down and realized a dog was within arm's reach of us. Bramble didn't bat an eye. I was so proud of her. This dog who was so reactive, just looked and kept moving.

And Casper has also made great strides to the point we think he will be ready for training by the end of the month. He is now choosing to stay out in the livingroom with the family in the evening and has even started "asking" to be picked up and cuddled. Before he'd hide and avoided touch.
Last edited by ladyjubilee on Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Re: Bramble's Progress

Post by TimL_168 »

Awesome work!
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Bramble's Progress

Post by centrop67 »

It's great that Caspar is coming out of his shell.

And, Bramble maintaining focus on his job is extraordinary.

Great work!
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers